• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smartfan2 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr3w

i JUST got mine through the door and fired her up with the rehostat twiddley knob that comes with it- however it doesnt seem to work.

i have the the spped control attached to the two short yellow wires (as shown on reverse of box) is this correct?

if so - why have i still got a hoover inside my case!!

thankyou:D

OP
Dr3w

Dr3w

rofl- yes

im not that silly- i twisted it all the way one direction while watching speed in bios- then all the way the other- an dno change at all :(

any other ideas?

OP
Dr3w

Dr3w

shut it smart ***!! ( i WOULD have worked it out eventually)

thank you stuart :D

also u should check ur PM's and ur thread about the amazing traveling arctic alumina ;)

SlowBurn

nightowl said:
i think your problem is that you have not removed the little blue jumper. Try that and see what happens ;)

I have to admit I'm guilty of this too. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why no matter what I turned the fans never slowed down.... then I looked at the SFII's box... *GRUMBLE*

krm197

Registered
I've fallen for this as well. Figured it out after a couple minutes though. (At the moment I don't have the knob on, as it's quiet enough for me :D )