• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Snap, crackle & pop audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
Nebulous

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
*Update*

After swapping out drives, doing a clean os/drivers install on the new drive, I decided to try again and use the SBz sound card. This time I installed the older drivers (2017 version), and whaddaya know, it works perfectly fine now. No static or anything :confused:

I'm still scratching my head and wondering wth was causing the static issue. I checked and rechecked everything and I couldn't find the culprit. For now Imma enjoy my sound, but I ain't letting it go. Dam problem has got under my skin! :mad:

Robert17

Premium Member
Driver issues. I need to re-remember this every time I cross paths with hardware issues. Seems that frequently enough by my own experience and reading the forums that this winds up being the problem.

OP
Nebulous

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Driver issues. I need to re-remember this every time I cross paths with hardware issues. Seems that frequently enough by my own experience and reading the forums that this winds up being the problem.

I dunno if it was driver issues. I had the same problem with the onboard audio.