• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneak Peek - Beast III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well it's that time again, a new build in the works. Finally got my custom UFO after a long 5 week wait. Note the color and the 3 SEPERATE panels for the sides and the top, no more clamshell one piece like my current case. This is the main reason for the switch, though there are some other cool little bits I'll be doing as well. I have the PA120.3 and the aluminum Coolermaster 120 x 38mm fans which I have tapped to accept normal threaded metal screws, I have chose black allen bolts. I think I will be tapping all fans and using these bolts all around as I like the look. Well, gotta run ATM but here are a few pics.

moboside.jpg

psuside.jpg

Sorry for the blur :( the case now only uses 120mm fans
back.jpg

Test fitting of the PA120.3
frontgrillfar.jpg

Sorry for the blur... Screws (dont look as black as they really are here)
frontgrill.jpg

radthread.jpg

Nice. I might've used button-heads instead of socket heads on the outside of the case, but still nice.

My poor eyes! You blind me with that green!

I'll be this will look good when finished. Going for the slightly quieter route this time?

Albigger - Yes I thought about button heads, but the thumbscrews are not, wanted to kinda keep the same uniform look.

bri1 - no not even close. When I off-load my other parts in the Beast II, this will cost next to nothing.

situman - the panels can be ordered from mountainmods.

VR - yes much more quiet this time around I hope :D

are these panels on the twice 7? Is it UV green or blue? Looks like UV green. I like these panels over the metal w/plastic window in my UFO.

Enyo said:
with a case that size you should't be using a tiny radator like the p120.3, you need somthing bigger!
ya......get yourself a rad from a big ole air conditioner and have some fun :D

or find a hummer and steal its rad :D

Back