• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, anybody know when the Nforce2 mobos will be out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

deeppow said:
The Asus A7N8X "is suppose to be out" but haven't seen anybody carrying them yet. Not sure bout the others.

Do a few OEM's have them? I remember seeing an add for a system with a nForce 2 board in it, not that you're going to buy a whole system for the board though ;)

Lumen

Tipycol said:

Do a few OEM's have them? I remember seeing an add for a system with a nForce 2 board in it, not that you're going to buy a whole system for the board though ;)
hmmm....:burn:

Tipycol

hassmh said:
Looking HERE shows that they will be showing up very soon. As in ETA next week.....just after those 333 FSB XPs show up to go with them :D

Umm...not doubting you (cause I know they probably removed them) but the links give 0 results :confused:

abb1

I would not worry about Nforce 2 to come out until the Athlon processors sporting the 333 fsb come out. The board offers no performance advantage over a board with the KT333 chipset using a 266mhz processor. Just read some of the reviews and judge for yourself.
Abb

Tipycol

abb1 said:
I would not worry about Nforce 2 to come out until the Athlon processors sporting the 333 fsb come out. The board offers no performance advantage over a board with the KT333 chipset using a 266mhz processor. Just read some of the reviews and judge for yourself.
Abb

Well I don't think that's a problem. One, most people will probably overclock past 200fsb so the 166fsb won't matter. Another thing is that pricewatch has the 2600 listed as well, 333fsb, so the 333 fsb proc's are not that far off

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Nforce2

The word at a local custom computer shop is, "in time for Christmas."

Kosmic

And according to a press release at Nvidia's website:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20021029_6356

"PCs and motherboards featuring the NVIDIA nForce family of platform processors are currently available from hundreds of system motherboard manufacturers, PC OEMs and system builders worldwide, including: Abit, ABS, Alienware, Aopen, ASUStek, Atlas Micro, Chaintech, Compaq, Falcon Northwest, Hewlett-Packard, Hypersonic, Fujitsu-Siemens, Leadtek, MicronPC, MSI, NEC, Shuttle Computer, Soltech, Totally Awesome, Vicious PC and more."

Not *exactly* accurate, but I suppose that if all these companies are working on releasing nforce mobos, it's almost true. :D

I want the epox nforce board so I can run my FSB into the stratosphere while locking in my agp/pci bus at stock speeds AND be able to increase my AGP voltage to see if I can OC my vid card more. Should be fun. :)

K1

Lumen

I think a lot of people emailed the websites selling the 333 fsb processors. On monarchcomputer.com info it says '333fsb''YES 333FSB':burn: HAHAHAH

Kosmic

You got newegg to actually tell you that? When I tried in the past to find out when they would be getting the EPoX nforce in, they wouldn't tell me.

Kosmic

Oh, Look:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=13-131-417&DEPA=1

Asus A7N266-VM NVIDIA nFORCE 220 Chipset 266/200MHz FSB Motherboard Micro ATX- Retail
Chipset:nForce 220D
FSB:266/200 MHz
2 non ECC DDR DIMM slots
IDE:UDMA100 up to 4 devices
Slots:3x PCI 1xAGP PRO 4x
Onboard LAN:10/100 Mbps LAN controller
AC97and Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder Audio
Nvidia Nforce GeFORCE2 Video.

Too bad it's not the EPoX tho ;)

h0mersimps0n

uhh dude?

we're all talking about the nforce2

that board is old hat and not a big deal...

I don't suspect newegg will have nforce2 boards for at least a week after other sites have them...