• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so close but yet so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
my dream of haveing a comptuer intergrated into my home entertainment center is almost complete

i have two problems

1) i ran a rca to regular headphone jack wire from the audio out of my tv to the line in on my sound card

horrible buzzing noise on when ever i turn up the volume

is there anything i can do to reduce that

2) i have just video out ( not svideo) when it goes to the tv it only shows aboout 90% of the screen

and if i movve the mouse around it kinda glides over to the side im looking at at the time

needless to say this sucks for watching dvd's

is there anyway to just make that full screen

( ill be back with the video card make after class)

nut581

for your audio problem, try connecting the rca cable to the audio output from TV instead of the headphone jack (my tv has 2 audio output next to the AV input behind the TV, check if yours has it too).

RCA audio output has 2 channels (right and left), so you'll need 2 RCA cables, but computer soundcard only has 1 headphone jack line-in, so you'll need an adapter.

As for the TV output, tell me more about the make/type of it.

xtrmquestionx

Could you not go to display settings and make the tv display a smaller resolution than the normal monitor? Just a thought i don't have a computer with s-video so I can't connect my computer to a tv.

OP
Crash893

Crash893

its a adapter allready

rca ( red)
---------------------------------------(jack)
rca(white)

CrashOveride

you buzzing is prolly the sound cord going by a power cord, or other large power source, or maybe it going by the4 cords to the speakers if you have a powerful amp...

the video- i think TVs only support 800X600 res or sotmign try lowering it or try a couple diff res's:D :eh?: :D

snyper1982

actualy, i may be wrong on this, but i thought tvs were only at 640X480, and hdtvs are at like 800x600 or 1024x768, something like that, i could be wrong though

OP
Crash893

Crash893

will do how can i sheld it if i cant move it

CrashOveride

you may be right with the res thing there snyper... and sheilding.. you MAY be able to use like tinfoil.. though i suppose it COULD be the TV too:D ... not sure.. give tinfoil a try it may fix it.. though it might not... not sure... iv always just moved it:D :eh?: :D

Last edited:

Henry Rollins II

The buzzing sound is propably a grounding issue. Try grounding the computer chassis if possible. Also raise the signal output as much as possible.

TV out is almost always set at 1024x768 as default.