• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I changed my project!!! Introducing Project Mayhem!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I have been doing some work on the build. I want to give a huge shout out to Austin for helping me. I have changed my pump to the MCP50X for optimal head pressure. I added another rx480 to the loop. I have installed the 4 140mm noctua ippc 2000rpm ip67 fans and got those tested. And let me tell you they move some air. I was very pleased with these. I also got the two pwm platters mounted and my ssd. Let me know what you guys think.
camera-p_zps9ufz5p6u.jpg
image-20160124_210704_zpsv2gbm7el.jpg

Well I have been hard at work on the build. I ordered another 480mm rad but it came in white so I decided to keep it white and just paint my other rad white as well. I'm changing the build to white, orange, and black now. I installed all the fans and ran the wires to make it super clean. I have all the pwm splitters installed and mounted as well. I am going to be painting the motherboard tray white to get the case some depth since it's all black and boring. Hope you guys like my work so far. I spent about 30 mins on each rad cleaning it out. Got them both mounted as well and the fittings installed on the end.
image-20160128_174627_zpslhhzw6uo.jpg
image-20160129_184127_zpsyd0obcwl.jpg
20160129_190054_zpsbbjwzm6n.jpg
20160129_201612_zpsaoevklk4.jpg
20160129_214629_zpstxe24u4j.jpg
20160129_214607_zps7wxdf4nk.jpg
20160129_150934_zpsfxsagalj.jpg
20160129_214855_zps9bbh8hvz.jpg

I have been working on the build some more. I decided to paint the motherboard tray white. I ran almost all the cables but still have some more cleaning up to do once I get the gpu and pump. I went with cablemod ultra wide leds for the uv. I have a few more straps on the way to make sure the case is covered in uv to hit the tubing. Hope you guys like it.
image-20160131_143038_zpsakngsymg.jpg
image-20160131_143828_zpslxon3nvs.jpg
And of course some good eating!!
20160131_145725_zpsd1qyujsz.jpg

Nice looking setup so far, I like the color scheme! That's a lot of radiator cooling for a single GPU and CPU setup but you'll never run too hot that's for sure. Definitely looks great with the dual rads up there! :thup:

Thank you. I have thought alot about this build. And I'm making sure it's 100 percent correct in every aspect. I'm not taking any short cuts. I original wasn't going to do white but I'm so glad I did. The white and orange look amazing.

Thank you. I have thought alot about this build. And I'm making sure it's 100 percent correct in every aspect. I'm not taking any short cuts. I original wasn't going to do white but I'm so glad I did. The white and orange look amazing.
Yes it looks great that's for sure! That's a pretty interesting case, setup pretty good for water cooling. I just bought the new Core X71, very good case for the money! I'm currently doing a black and white setup. Keep posting pics of the progress, that food just made me hungry! :drool:

Oh yeah that food was amazing. Lol. White and black is nice. I'm waiting on a few parts to come in the mail to start on the loop. I pick up my memory tomorrow and my swiftech shipment will be in as well. So I can start most of the loop.

Oh yeah that food was amazing. Lol. White and black is nice. I'm waiting on a few parts to come in the mail to start on the loop. I pick up my memory tomorrow and my swiftech shipment will be in as well. So I can start most of the loop.
I have my 3 radiator fans waiting for me at the post office! I ordered them using newegg's snail mail and they have been sitting there for a couple days! They will be here tomorrow, and like you, I'm not rushing this build. I want everything to be perfect, well as perfect as I can get it. :D

Yeah what's nice about where I live is we have a newegg warehouse. I can order something for will call and go pick it up 2 hours later haha. It is pretty nice. I'm buying separate cables for the power supply so I can sleeve them when I have spare time.

Yeah what's nice about where I live is we have a newegg warehouse. I can order something for will call and go pick it up 2 hours later haha. It is pretty nice. I'm buying separate cables for the power supply so I can sleeve them when I have spare time.

Really like the orange contrast on some of these builds. It really comes out nice.

As for newegg's warehouse, I'm going to go on a guess here and say you live in Indiana. lol I believe they built their newest plant there not too long ago or I'm mixing up amazon. meh! Good food!

Kindly pointed him to MDPC-x, only the best for a build like this :)

Been helping on the side with this build (via chat), it's going to be awesome when done!

Kindly pointed him to MDPC-x, only the best for a build like this :)

Been helping on the side with this build (via chat), it's going to be awesome when done!

+1 for the MDPC-X, amazing quality with these guys! They always throw in some freebies for you as well. The sleeving material is the best, believe me, I tried some other cheaper crap and that's exactly what it was is crap!

Yeah I live in indianapolis. We have an amazon will call as well. Each warehouse is 15 min drive from my house. I'm in love with the orange and big shout out to Austin for helping me with this beast. It's going to be beautiful. And yes the newegg plant is brand new. ;)

Yeah I live in indianapolis. We have an amazon will call as well. Each warehouse is 15 min drive from my house. And yes the newegg plant is brand new. ;)

Dammit! I envy you. If only my state (IL) got their act together! lol Lucky man to be between those two warehouses.

Ok guys my pump and res came in today. I need some ideas on where to mount them. I'm stumped right now.

Well got some goodies today. Huge shout out to newegg having my memory in stock. Glad they offer will call where I live. Haha. Picked up 32 gb of GSKILL Trident z 3200 cl 14. My swiftech MCP50X pump and res came in. I'm working on getting part of the loop routed and ran to my liking. I might have to build a mount for the pump.
20160201_150038_zpsxdvru9nl.jpg 20160201_152141_zpsw40ugnqg.jpg
20160201_152225_zpspkqxtlwg.jpg
And of course you have to eat good while building!!
20160201_132506_zps9ye6nh3d.jpg

Well I found my solution for the pump mounting. I bought a sheet of clear acrylic and cut it to what I want. It turned out alot better than I had expected.
image-20160201_210508_zps1tjrdw0z.jpg
20160201_210847_zpskepbdpck.jpg

You could possibly use that piece of acrylic and add some LEDs hidden at the bottom side edge by the MB for a diffuse effect. To even give it a better effect, if you're able to get your hands on frosted acrylic, that would be something to see.

Just exploring some ideas as I saw the vision you were doing here. Nonetheless, it looks really good as its coming along.

That food..........nom nom

I was thinking the same thing with the leds. I do have some on the way but my vision was to like hide one under the pump to get a surround glow. I have a single uv 5 mm led in my box that I'm going to be putting to use and 4 ft of wide beam leds from casemods. Yeah the food was excellent. Austin gave me the idea of putting badges on the acrylic as well so I will probably do that. I'm playing around with a few ideas.

I have a big shipment coming in tomorrow from ppc. I'm super excited for it. With this shipment I will be able to run the whole loop all but the gpu. I will be doing a nice lighting configuration as well to accent that acrylic pieces I made for the pump to sit on.

Back