• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I have an extra 1.6a sitting here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chan

I had RMAed a 1.6a earlier this year and it took too long for it to get back to me. So I bought another 1.6a and today they send me back a new 1.6a.

I'm wondering what I should do with it, should I sell it or make another comp. How much would I get for one of these if I sold it?

AZN

AznSniper
got my rma in 2 days... y does your take 10 months?

AZN

Daemonfly

I see them being sold online for $120-$130, IF you can find them.

I just bought one ;) I wanted to see how much I could get out of it.

Currently 2.24Ghz on a tiny 1U (1"high total) Thermaltake copper heatsink. Waterblock is slowly being made...

nodsetse

Keep the one that OCs highest for yourself, sell the other one. You might be able to sell it for more if it OCs fairly high, and you guarentee it'll run at a specific speed.

Radelon

Biggest thing is, what's the pack date and batch numbers and other notables from the side of the box, usually that will sell it itself if it's good.

OP
C

Chan

AZN said:
got my rma in 2 days... y does your take 10 months?

AZN

Well I took it back to the company I bought it from and they took forever on it.

OP
C

Chan

Radelon said:
Biggest thing is, what's the pack date and batch numbers and other notables from the side of the box, usually that will sell it itself if it's good.

I don't have the box with me but I have the CPU with me and it says....

SL668 Costa Rica
3212A885-8922

OP
C

Chan

Can O' Beans said:
I see them being sold online for $120-$130, IF you can find them.

I just bought one ;) I wanted to see how much I could get out of it.

Currently 2.24Ghz on a tiny 1U (1"high total) Thermaltake copper heatsink. Waterblock is slowly being made...

Really? I'm getting 2.32Ghz on stock Intel HSF.

Radelon

Chan said:

I don't have the box with me but I have the CPU with me and it says....

SL668 Costa Rica
3212A885-8922

Well, it's a Costa Rica, that's what mine is, and mine hits 2.73ghz.

OP
C

Chan

Radelon said:

Well, it's a Costa Rica, that's what mine is, and mine hits 2.73ghz.

What kind of RAM are you using?

The current 1.6a I'm using right now is at 2.51ghz. Can't go any further because of my Samsung PC2700.

Radelon

Chan said:

What kind of RAM are you using?

The current 1.6a I'm using right now is at 2.51ghz. Can't go any further because of my Samsung PC2700.

P4 1.6a Box codes:
Costa Rica
Prod Code: SL668
MM#: 844085
FPO/Batch #: 3211A657
Pack Date: 06/05/02

The ram I have is GeIL PC3200 Ultra @ 2.75v and 428ddr, it will go higher as I burn it in more.