• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I have an older Sony TV... Any one want to help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flurp

So, I figured there are a bunch of you smart guys on here that know a few things about older TVs... if you do Then I'd like any advice you could give me :D

I have A Sony Trinitron KV-32XBR200 (Aug 1998)

I have wonderful sound and great picture. Well the picture is great when it is on. It generally is just black with the sound but every so often it will show a picture for a minute or 2 and then go black again. I was thinking maybe a short or a fuse? Anyone on here with any experience, would love to hear from ya...

No idea. There are forums that discuss things like this etc. And sometimes you can find schematics on the web. Unless you are comfortable with a voltmeter and sometime o-scope and circuit board soldering it might be time to donate the TV to the back of a shopping center load dock after the store is closed. They got dumpsters right there. But don't lift the heavy azzed TV into the dumpsters, let the folks that work there enjoy that the next AM.

My old 35" tube was kindly placed behind a Discount Tire store about 9:30 PM with the remote AND manual thoughfully taped to the TV.

Back