• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So much for Google Preorder for Pixel 6's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Keeps erroring about 10 seconds after the Preorder went live.:rain: bots?

EDIT: Since it is not working for anyone at AC, maybe they will be pushing a button to make sales live at the end of the Pixel event...:popcorn:

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
It is all working now. Ordered a Pro for myself and a Pixel 6 for daughter for xmas. Had gone to Amazon and ordered ...cancelled that one. 0% works for me.:)

The Google store gave free Pixel Buds A with both orders.:cool:

AC is Android Central...I show up there for a few month's of forum posting about this time every year.:grouphug:

Now I can go and actually pay attention to the Youtube event...pretty much ignored most of it a I was F5ing at the store. One can always cancel till the ship date.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Reconsidering my order for the Pro...It's bigger than I thought. Nexus 6 on left Iphone 6 on right, Pixel 6 Pro case in the middle.

PXL_20211021_202537764.jpg

lordkosc

Pixel 6 for the price is one fine piece of hardware. Considering getting one myself.

BugFreak

I'm using a 4A 5G which is still pretty new but really considering going with one of the 6. It sounds petty but I've always had a white phone and they only offer it for the pro which I'm not sure about. I figure I'll let the real world initial impressions start coming out then make my decision.

dfonda how is the back of that outer case designed? Does it also have the bump or is it all one level?

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I'm using a 4A 5G which is still pretty new but really considering going with one of the 6. It sounds petty but I've always had a white phone and they only offer it for the pro which I'm not sure about. I figure I'll let the real world initial impressions start coming out then make my decision.

dfonda how is the back of that outer case designed? Does it also have the bump or is it all one level?

It has a ridge around the camera to keep it protected. This case is the same color as my Pixel 5 with its see thru case so maybe the wife won't notice I got a new phone I did not need.;):sn:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096T8JPP9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

BugFreak

Thanks. I ordered a 6 yesterday along with the clear/smoke case Google had. It is open where the camera bump is so not sure I will like it because it will leave that part exposed but we will see. Still mad they don't offer the 6 in white.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
I want the 6 pro, but double-embargos always freak me out. They let reviewers discuss the hardware only for a week with a full embargo on the experience/photos/performance/software. Software is quite nice (I'm running Android 12 on the 4 XL), but why hold off on letting reviewers say anything until after a week of pre-orders? From prior experience as a reviewer, that's a red flag...especially with a new SOC. Hopefully it won't amount to anything negative.

BugFreak

That was one of my concerns and I generally don't pre-order anything because of the silly games companies play these days. I figure with this, like most previous Pixel reviews they will be generally negative so I'll test it out myself and decide. My Pixel 4a5g was pretty much poopoo'd on by reviews because it wasn't as powerful as this or had less (x) than that but it has served me fantastic so far and I love the clean install versus all the crap that gets put on most Android phones.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Engadget's reviewer seems to like it.

Will watch/read more of course but it looks like I need to convince my wife it's time for me to upgrade. :p

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Received my second free Pixel buds and the 6 Pro shipped today. Figure the Pixel 6 will ship tomorrow.:thup:

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Pro gets here tomorrow...I am a biased reviewer tho...I have liked all my Google phones and not one of them ever had any issue a reviewer complained about...In particular they still refer to the Pixel 2 XL as having a bad screen (Burn in and a blue tint when looked at , at an angle)...Yes , I confirmed my phone had these...Burn in could be seen on grey screen which I had to download and after checking never saw a sign of it again. I never look at my phone screen at a severe angle so again a nonsense issue. The screen looked great to anyone and any phone I compared it to (Still does). I had the best pics at any gathering.

I been drinking the Google Koolaid since the Galaxy Nexus (My only Samsung phone) Loved the N4, N5, Nexus 6 (An especially great phone) Pixel 2 XL (Stellar) and the Pixel 5 (My favorite and 5G).

The Pixel 6 is for my daughter but I'll be comparing the two and if the Pro is unwieldy. I'll keep the 6 , return the Pro and hope I can get another 6 by Xmas for my daughter who isn't due to visit till Thanksgiving. I can pass on my 5 to her till her 6 arrives as that is a major upgrade over her Pixel 3.

Security updates every month and new OS releases are the two biggest reasons I only use Google phones. Along with Camera Algorithms second to none. I started on iphones but jumped out of the Apple Eco system which I hated by the iphone 4...Had nothing but issues with iphones...OS releases that almost bricked the 3G, bulging batteries, non customization.

When pretentious reviewers start their review talking about the style of a rectangular phone soon to be covered with a case. I zone right out....

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
So far in all my reading/watching I have only seen two negatives - it's giant, and video still isn't up to Apple levels of good. I do photos (which are equivalent and/or better than all competition) and no video, so I don't care about the latter. The giant factor gives me pause. I already think my 4 XL is big. Both of these are even bigger. I'll have to handle them to see if I can take the size.

Those monthly security updates and immediate OS updates are also a huge part of why I'm pixel loyal as well.

OP
dfonda

dfonda

Senior Golfer
So far in all my reading/watching I have only seen two negatives - it's giant, and video still isn't up to Apple levels of good. I do photos (which are equivalent and/or better than all competition) and no video, so I don't care about the latter. The giant factor gives me pause. I already think my 4 XL is big. Both of these are even bigger. I'll have to handle them to see if I can take the size.

Those monthly security updates and immediate OS updates are also a huge part of why I'm pixel loyal as well.
Have I mentioned how sophisticated , intelligent and dare I say? Good Looking Pixel users are.:D:p