• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So much for refusing to update......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twump

so? they told everyone months and months ago that won was going to get shutdown. what did you expect? you're lucky they left them up as long as they did since the original statement by valve said that won was going to be shutdown 2 weeks after steam went public.

steam works just fine with very few steam specific bugs.

OP
bojangles

bojangles

twump said:
steam works just fine with very few steam specific bugs.
Maybe you missed the great steam update of a couple months ago where half the users couldn't log on? You buy a game and you expect to be able to play it. For a week I couldn't play it, that one glitch is why I no longer play CS.

twump

and? WON had similar problems in the past.

that problem with steam didn't effect everyone. i haven't had any major issues being able to connect since about a month after steam went public. it seems the only thing that has issues connecting now is the freinds list but meh, its not that important. when it was beta it had huge issues but now it runs fine.

ninthebin

I dont remember not being able to log into steam for a week - and I am on it pretty much everyday :(

usually when major patches come out for games you can count on not playing the game online that night, you can always run a few bots around on your own server though. Steam has come along alot since the early days when it was particulary whether anything was being updated or not...im sure were not far from the day it can update something that will be as bandwidth hungry as CS and the majority of the network will be fine.

HL2 implementation could be tough on it, I dont really think its adequate for it now (I would have up until about a week ago with the VAC thing), buying a brand new released game and having your cd-key banned for a year due to hackers/problems wouldn't go down well with many people - if they make their online security...secure...then roll on HL2 :)