• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my monitor just suddenly stopped working I think, any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

Hi guys,

The monitor is in my signature the hp w2207.
I have a desktop and a laptop. Well it was working fine (the montior) until I hooked up my laptop through the vga. The DVI was still connected to the desktop. But when I tried to switch back to the desktop (DVI) it wouldn't switch back. So I unplugged both and replugged and now the monitor says going to sleep no input from DVI or VGA even though BOTH are hooked up.

I'm running out of ideas, any idea what I can do? Did my monitor just die or what happpened?

Guardian01

Registered
i've had my share of heartbreaks with monitor issues...maybe i can help. but first, just to clarify, you have tried to boot your computer up with only one dvi going to your graphics card? and did you disconnect the vga cable from the monitor (whether or not the other end is connected to your laptop or not)? does it not post, or does it post but monitor still says no signal?