• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, my system failed cpu test problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goo Kenson

I installed a new heatsink a while ago and got no video, system failed cpu test.

Well I just put in a new cpu and it still fails. I think it might be the RAM. What will happen if the RAM is bad? Someone said to take the RAM out and boot up, and listen for beeps. Well I listened through the headphones and I didn't hear any beeps, so does that mean the RAM is dead? Can that cause the no-video, system failed cpu test thing?

Bt the way, the old chip was 2200, new one is 1600, mobo is A7V333, RAM is pc2700 samsung 512 mb

Neville

That all depends ........ check :

1. you rmobo is jumpered to sed the voice to the rear and onboard soud is enabled or connect a speaker to the mobo
2. your bios might be trying to boot up at a specific cpu config. try to reset the cmos
3. yes if your ram was bad it should beep a few times
4. i have had a mobo that was bad that kept on saying my cpu was bad

My best advice is to rese the cmos

Good luck

OP
G

Goo Kenson

I'm sure the onboard sound is enabled because it gave me the system failed cpu test message, through the headphones I hooked up

OC Detective

If onboard sound is enabled and your board has post reporter enabled such as Asus A7V333 then you wont get beeps - you need to disable the post reporter to hear and analyse the beeps

OC-Master

Check to make sure that your fan header is properly hooked up into the proper fan header ports. If your motherboard has a cpu fan saver option turned on, you aint gonna get the thing to boot up unless you properly power the fan up.

DS-Master

OP
G

Goo Kenson

People, I can't enable or disable anything. It does not boot and it gets no video. Also, the fan boots up fine. All of the fans on everything, vid card, case fans, psu fans, cpu fans, boot up fine. All the drives get power and work. Anyway, I took it to CompUSA to get it repaired.