• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, what do we use for screen capture?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sannakji

Registered
HD60 purchase is planned, but for the moment I just have my 380X. Coming from the ease of Shadowplay, what software provides the same tools? OBS or a solution of AMD's own? I'm not a streamer/let's player so it's not really for prolonged capture; what I'm missing most is having something running in the background at all times, so I can save something if something good/funny happens. That's what I'm most looking for, but a feature rich toolset also would be great. Anyone use Windows 10's game recording feature?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I think that AMD's Gaming Evolved (Raptr) application has in-game recording built into it, but I've never really played with it. I've played with OBS before and it works decently well (used it to stream to Twitch). As you noted the Windows 10 'Record That' feature is built in to Windows 10 but I haven't ever felt a need to try it.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
I've used XFire for comms and to save vids/screen shots but that was a few years ago.