• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So whats the verdict?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickdeveau

Apogee or Storm?

What's king from swiftech... Hopefully some of the people that get their blocks in throughout the next few days will answer this with some details and accurate temps and setup descripts.

5|*42

I got an Apogee, but I haven't built any WC systems before so the data will be kinda useless in comparing the two. But it was very clean, no shavings or bent pins.

poogl3

I got my Apogee today. On one of the sides, nearly all the pins are bent. Aside from that, it looks pretty clean and I have not noticed any shavings. Can anyone recommend a good cleaning method to make sure that its clean before I use it? I was thinking of bathing it in ispropyl or something like that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

5|*42

That would probably work. If you happen to have access to an ultrasonic, that would be better. But the isopropyl should be fine I would thing.

Joe Camel

Senior Camel Kicker
poogl3 said:
I got my Apogee today. On one of the sides, nearly all the pins are bent. Aside from that, ... -snip-
oooo... nice quality control there...:rolleyes:

(NOTHING against you poogl3!)

in all reality, the pins on the edges (sides) of the base arnt the main thermal transfer pins so it really isnt going to hurt performance much.

its just something i never thought id hear about a Swifty block...too bad :(

thorilan

to the OP

you cant ask a question like that as therewont be any real data to substantiate for at least 6 more months . blocks and i mean all blocks have diferent ways of dealling with diferent situations. that being said whats good for one system might not work as well for another