• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket-A cooler Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Megahurtz

Hi All,

With all of the recent activity on the Socket-A cooler front, I am looking at an upgrade for my Fop-38-1. Oddly enough, it only rotates at 5741 RPM..with a full 12v and plenty of amperage applied.

I have been looking at a lot of alternatives. I have an Iwill KK266 and a 1Gig T-bird. I have excellent case cooling, and have been able to achieve 1300Mhz. with air only.

The processor seems to have a good amount of headroom. My question is simple, what is the best air-cooler available for my combination?(I'll be O/Cing a 1.2Gig after the price cuts.

I have done some research into this matter, and it is difficult to find a direct correlation between low C/W ratings and ultimate overclockability.. in order to boot requires a slightly different set of parameters than to operate with stability over time, as the HSF stabilizes under load.

All in the quest for higher clockspeeds with an eye on my next processor purchase. (I have been eyeing the Swiftech MC 462-A)

Real world experiences appreciated. As are any other suggestions. By the way, the reason that I am able to clock this highly, is in no small part due to the -20C nights, and the fact that my case is drawing cold air in, and exhausting warm air out.

Thanks to any and all that respond,

T.

If you can survive the sticker shock and want the best HSF with room to grow in the future, I recommend the Swiftech MC-462A. Heres my results:

Yes, I realize that my fan is faulty. I have two other Deltas, and they are both within spec. One is slightly over 7k, the other right at 6.8K. The PEP66V2 or the PAL6035? I can get a PEP66 for almost nothing..My primary concern is cooling.
Thanks so far guys,

T.

I would recomend a Swiftech model. My friend got one for his duron 800, and now its running at a gig, just fine. He also has 3 case fans, which really help also.

Thank you all for your speedy replies and recommendations. I knew that I really wanted the new Swiftech, but just wanted someone to push me into parting with that much cash for a cooler. I'll be stopping in with regularity to help when I can, and stay out of the way when I can't.

Thanks Again,

T.

Thank you all for your speedy replies and recommendations. I knew that I really wanted the new Swiftech, but just wanted someone to push me into parting with that much cash for a cooler. I'll be stopping in with regularity to help when I can, and stay out of the way when I can't.

Thanks Again,

T.

Back