• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

software mem oc not applying @ statup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YellowDart

Has anybody else solved this problem???

I've used coolbits and rivatuner to oc my PNY fx5600 256ddr. My current settings are @ 359 core, and I was running around 440 mem w/ 45.23 dets. Ever since I upgraded to 52.16, and now version 53.03, my memory clock frequency will keep getting set at stock (400) during bootup.

I'm currently using RivaTuner for my oc. I've got my settings saved through RivaTuner. It even displays my desired startup clock frequencies (359/440) in the application window (below the sliders, next to the "Save" button). But the sliders show my freq's @ 359/400.

Another note: Upon upgrading, I uninstalled ALL previous versions of nVidia drivers and ran NFR to get rid of all of my left over nVidia registry files.

Has anybody been able to fix this problem that has encountered it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having this same problem with my 5950 and 5900u both are on 53.03drivers, I have had this problem since the 5x.xx sieries drivers

To me it looks like the drivers are somehow overriding RivaTuner @ Windows startup. The settings are saved in RivaTuner, but won't stick w/ the memory clock frequency. I'm wondering if a new version of RivaTuner or CoolBits would help. I could always try flashing my card's bios w/ new speeds... that might do the trick...

Last edited:
You know, I do have that problem, now that I checked it - it resets to 850 instead of the 950 or 975 that I specify.... I'm using CoolBits registry hack... no special tools, so it's not a RivaTuner or other tweak program problem. My guess is that it's reset by the drivers for some reason. Wonder why...

=bump=

i'd like to see a fix for this, i'm getting sick of going into coolbits menu every time i boot up to change the memory clock

theflyingrat said:
You know, I do have that problem, now that I checked it - it resets to 850 instead of the 950 or 975 that I specify.... I'm using CoolBits registry hack... no special tools, so it's not a RivaTuner or other tweak program problem. My guess is that it's reset by the drivers for some reason. Wonder why...

I'm pretty sure it's the drivers that are doing it. I just downloaded the latest coolbits version from www.guru3d.com, and done a fresh install of WinXP, but still am getting this problem... :-/

I think the only way to really fix this is to flash your card w/ an edited bios, or roll back your drivers. I noticed this problem in the 52.16 and 53.03 Forceware drivers. Never had it with the 45.23 Forceware or Omega drivers.

Back