• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Tex

Ok heres is the deal. Customer called she ownes a pre-school she wants me to reload win98 and pre school programs on here 4 units she has. she has all the needed software.My question is this I need a program that will let me freeze her computers desktops and programs so the kids cant install or uni-install or delete system files.What i want is a program that will not let anything change once i have installed win98 and programs to the units.And say if someone did delete something that when the unit is re-booted that it will go back to the way it was before.
Thanks

Krieger

I used a program at my highschool called Fortress I think. Basicaly it will lock down everything. No explorer, no deleteing, no moving, no nothing if I remember correctly. I can't tell you who makes it. I used it on som windows 3.1 systems. I'm sure there is a 95/98 version out there. There are ways around it but you should be ok with pre-schoolers. I'd try looking for something like that.

CPFitz14

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but MSI has a program called lock box. You can't do anything until you enter a password to unlock the computer. Something like that? Explain a little more.

CPFitz-

Spiked

Registered
My school used hardware! Called centurian gaurd.. it had a software counter part and it was locked by an actual key on the back that was wired in to the hardware! Very interesting. I spent most of my high school years trying to disable the son of a b___h!

OP
B

Big_Tex

Thanks guys i knew about and had been looking at deep freeze. But i already decided just to make her some restore disk they mess it up is can restore them back.

Milkman

You could also install Roxio Goback on all of them, I use it and it works pretty well,if something goes wrong just restore from it, will also work if windows doesn't boot up.

mamer