• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

My turbo V doesn't work No more because of windows 10. I loved it.
Intel XTU does not work either because I have first gen i7.
SeyFSB I don't like.

Does anyone know other good software for overclocking inside windows? I liked to minecraft my numbers so that I don't have yo go into good and restart 7 or more times.

Pls hlp.
Taco.

Sounds like you should learn the BIOS, go back to 7 (does classic shell roll forward? :rofl:), or upgrade. :p

Turbo V doesn't work in any compatibility mode?

Yes sir ED, I see what you did there. Very funny.:cheers:
I know how to bios oc. I explained earlier why I like software. This way I can hone in on my new oc and when I get close enough, I input those values into bios and off to final testing.

I tried all sorts of compatibility settings, xp, vista, server, 8.1. Also set administration privilege. Even did that for every exe file in the folder. Keeps saying not compatible with os and immediately unijstalls. :shrug:

The only other thing you might try is CPUCool/CPUFSB. Though if you don't like SetFSb you won't like those. All PLL changing software is pretty much the same.

I guess this is the end of the road for me, gentlemen.
Thank you both, ED and OT.

Have you tried using a TurboV program from a newer board?

From new board? I haven't seen anything, can you please provide more info, Sir?

He is saying try DLing the software from an Intel board that is newer. Maybe check Z77 or Z97, or Z170 boards for it and see. It may or may not work.

AISuite is the software suite they use now which inlcudes overclocking functionality. Try DIP5 or AI3 (the whole suite - DIP5 is within it).
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_Download/

If that doesn't work, try Z97 and see what is there.. etc

Well, so the software from other mobos don't work. BAH!!:bang head:rain:
This is depressing, the last frontier for taco.

I shall succumb to pain and do it the righr way. Like true men...

Well, so the software from other mobos don't work. BAH!!:bang head:rain:
This is depressing, the last frontier for taco.

I shall succumb to pain and do it the righr way. Like true men...
I have tried that route with other boards before it rarely works. The BIOS is you amigo!

software for overclocking is pure evil ...

Btw. check AI Suite from any newer ASUS motherboard / download section. New package has newer Turbo V and maybe it will work.

software for overclocking is pure evil ...

Btw. check AI Suite from any newer ASUS motherboard / download section. New package has newer Turbo V and maybe it will work.
he tried that in some capacity already. See post 6-9. :)

What about XTU. It has some overclocking functionality for Intels.

I'll have a look later today. Thank you. I just remember from a long time ago and interface wasn't very user friendly. And you had to find the lcc chip somewhere..

Program was quite revolutionary for software overclocking. Now has a great user interface with plenty of customizations to make it worth your while. I use it all the time on my core 2 extreme laptop and HTPC QX6850 rig. Like I said, it's worth a shot. Can't hurt.

I tried throttle stop. It does look more modern, but it doesn't have any vintages I can tweak, which was really important to me, because that way I could quickly narrow dwn usable values and then shortly after, proceed to stability testing.

But thnk you!

Back