• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sold 4790k..person claims it wont post. Is it his motherboard ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
have you tested it with non-conductive tim?

Yes it still gives me errors on prime 95 the instant i turn it on it errors out and the pc locks up, i tried downclocking to 3000mhz.. same thing.. It will post, and it will boot in the bios, the motherboard code is 24 or 40 it switchs which is normal but it has errors in windows. I used MX-4 on it.

I just got off the line with paypal. the Lady helped me. She called ebay for me and we were on a 3 way line. She was recording the call and listened in. She interrupted the ebay lady and said to end the call she will help me because ebay was ying yanging me back and forth on the phone saying the same poison about how im a power seller with 100% feedback but their siding with him and how since i called in about this they are siding with the buyer. That makes NO SENSE

The paypal lady she released 245$ in my paypal account and i can link my checking account back to paypal and to not worry about it. She will also follow up on this case if ebay tries anything. So i won. I may not have won with ebay, but i won in the end. This is why i am persistant, i was not about to let this slide !

I can feel some of your frustration. I think that I would be inclined to sue too. The key question to ask is: What will it cost to continue? Figure out what cost you are willing to pay in the event you get no return. If the cost is your time and a filing fee why not? It can be hard to shake the "I didn't do anything to defend myself" feeling. I get it. However, as you invest more and more time and/or money, it becomes spite rather than principle. Spite of course being when you are willing to hurt yourself to prove your point.

Find your line and don't cross it.

I already got it resolved.. Paypal called ebay on a three way line with me, and the paypal lady interrupted our convo with ebay and myself and told the lady she is already growing tired of listening to her BS "didnt say bs but you know what i mean lol" and the lady on paypal called me back after we hung up and she issued me a $245 credit on my paypal account. This means I won but didnt win. The guy got his money back and killed my cpu.. But i also have my cpu and still have his $245, the 245 paypal gave me will pay ebay the 245$ they refunded him. If that makes sense.

I already found a buyer who wants the cpu. Sold it for $40, he knows it doesnt work. but he wants it anyway, same guy who bought my Z97 board.

Small claims fees are $100 btw, and i can make him pay for court costs specially if i win, if i decided to sue him. So its nothing off my back

I sold 2 de-lidded chips with boards locally on CL. (3570K & 4790K) Each buyer came to my place and I had the setups on my kitchen table with spare monitors, keyboards and mice. I also had my .38 holstered incase they got any ideas which they didn't, lol. They were satisfied and I gave no warranty, but they saw the setups up in action and were happy they weren't getting scammed.

Done deal. Never heard a peep from any of them.

Now buying on fleaby I do on occasion and haven't had any issues. Never sold anything and won't after fiascos like this.

Glad you stuck to your guns tho OP.

I already got it resolved.. Paypal called ebay on a three way line with me, and the paypal lady interrupted our convo with ebay and myself and told the lady she is already growing tired of listening to her BS "didnt say bs but you know what i mean lol" and the lady on paypal called me back after we hung up and she issued me a $245 credit on my paypal account. This means I won but didnt win. The guy got his money back and killed my cpu.. But i also have my cpu and still have his $245, the 245 paypal gave me will pay ebay the 245$ they refunded him. If that makes sense.

I already found a buyer who wants the cpu. Sold it for $40, he knows it doesnt work. but he wants it anyway, same guy who bought my Z97 board.

Small claims fees are $100 btw, and i can make him pay for court costs specially if i win, if i decided to sue him. So its nothing off my back

Aside from the principle of the thing, I agree that you're done. That fact that PayPal and eBay have a business model that refunds both you and the buyer is their problem. It seems like that's a sticking point for you but I assure you it would not be for me. Good job on sticking your guns and getting your money for the CPU. $245 ain't nothing.

Yea i like when i sell my Jeep parts to local buyers... they come to my place can see it.. they hand me the cash and they are gone.

I know you guys physically werent here, but god damn i made posts of my delidded cpu and me asking "should i upgrade my 4790k" i didnt even need to buy a new cpu but i did.. So you guys know damn well it was working based off my posts anyway lol. Why id screw up my 100% feedback and $10,000 in sales over a 250$ cpu.. Its chump change to be honest and i could careless i mean my new system i spent $4600 on you think i care about $250... but it also isnt chump change if that makes sense ? This was more for principle and the fact that this guy damaged my cpu and admitted to doing all this and still got away.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the principle of the thing, I agree that you're done. That fact that PayPal and eBay have a business model that refunds both you and the buyer is their problem. It seems like that's a sticking point for you but I assure you it would not be for me. Good job on sticking your guns and getting your money for the CPU. $245 ain't nothing.

Its only a sticking point because i didnt lose money.. But im still pissed.. If this guy was local mmm i have thoughts in my head i dont wanna post on this forum but you get what im thinking.. Id seriously consider going to the magistrates and sue him

I cant get the thing to work other then booting in windows.. I wouldnt have bought it even from myself.. not after this..

What do you mean you need another 4790k ? Are you the buyer who jacked up my cpu ? lol ?? lol

Was it Budda? "Holding a grudge is like throwing a hot coal at someone. Only you get hurt."

Have a drink and watch some TV. You've been made "whole" as we say in labor relations. :cheers:

I cant drink, i want too trust me.. But i told myself id stop.. Ive been having slight pains in my right side where the liver extends below the rib cage and in that very spot i can press with my fingers and feel the same dull pain. Im a little freaked out over that as my dad died from liver cancer.. But i started drinking at 24 and im 31, he drank as a teen till he died at 45 getting drunk daily, ive only gotten super drunk like 4 times.. and tipsy more then i can count.. but i mainly drink light stuff like angry orchard.. maybe 2-3 bottles.. But i did drink 2-3-4 for a few years every day almost or every 2-3 days a week.. I dont see how i could have dmaged my liver after only 6 years of moderate drinking... So i dunno, i need to go to the doctor and get some blood work done and check it out.

I havent touched alcohol in like 6 weeks now, the pain isnt there anymore like it used to be but im still freaked out... I know the liver has no pain receptors so you dont feel pain in the liver, but a swollen liver or tumors can pressure onto ligaments which do feel pain. Uhg...

I cant drink, i want too trust me.. But i told myself id stop.. Ive been having slight pains in my right side where the liver extends below the rib cage and in that very spot i can press with my fingers and feel the same dull pain. Im a little freaked out over that as my dad died from liver cancer.. But i started drinking at 24 and im 31, he drank as a teen till he died at 45 getting drunk daily, ive only gotten super drunk like 4 times.. and tipsy more then i can count.. but i mainly drink light stuff like angry orchard.. maybe 2-3 bottles.. But i did drink 2-3-4 for a few years every day almost or every 2-3 days a week.. I dont see how i could have dmaged my liver after only 6 years of moderate drinking... So i dunno, i need to go to the doctor and get some blood work done and check it out.

I havent touched alcohol in like 6 weeks now, the pain isnt there anymore like it used to be but im still freaked out... I know the liver has no pain receptors so you dont feel pain in the liver, but a swollen liver or tumors can pressure onto ligaments which do feel pain. Uhg...

Water is a drink. ;) Stay healthy and happy was the point. My Dad is going through liver failure and I won't go into the trouble it causes here but you are wise to cut back on the booze. In my younger years I drank to excess more times that I can count. Heck, while in the service, I could order beer in like three different languages. Other than ordering beer, I could only speak one language so... Now that I've started my 50's, I much preffer the taste of sugar to booze which has it's own trouble.

Anyway, I got sidetracked. I'm happy that you didn't take "No" as the answer and got PayPal to buy your CPU from you.

Joel McHale has a show on Netflix. I'm not recommending it because... well it's just not that good. However, they have a sports segment that has a fake sponsor and once that sponsor was "Beverages". I found it very funny. "... brought to you by beverages. When you're thirsty, try beverages."

As an ebay seller in a dispute with a buyer- I would say you hit the jackpot, getting both your CPU and auction money is a huge win.

Yea i got my broken sanded ihs chipped core 4790k back lol... BUT the guy who bought my gigabyte z97 g1sniper gaming motherboard wanted the cpu even if it wasnt working for me lol i sold it to him as a parts.not working auction for 40$ and resealed the ihs per his request. He knows whats been going on as i kept him in the loop as i needed to hold my motherboard until i got my cpu.

So in a way i made 285$ off my 4790k its just a shame the guy killed it.. That thing could overclock to 4800mhz 1.28-29v and post in windows at 5ghz..

this is my nightmare. $245 is not chump change for most people. i'm glad you won, but it may have been easier if you kept it simple and just told them he sent you a different cpu that was broken. if it looks different than the pic from the sale then how do you even know it's the one you sent?

Back