• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75DRV5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dvj81

Well, I can't get my to boot. Don't know what the problem is, maybe cause I'm using the PC3000 ram when it's only rated for PC2700.

dvj81

Well its a BIOS thing that much I know. If I clear the CMOS, I can boot up to BIOS. I get a BIOS checksum error -- Press F1 to continue or DEL to enter BIOS. But as soon as I exist BIOS, then I can't boot. Even if I turn off the power, I can't boot until I clear the CMOS again.

dvj81

I'm thinkn its the OCZ ram or a bad BIOS. But I don't have another stick to test it with...and no money :(

dvj81

Yea, I'm surfing the web now trying to find some unofficial site cause the soltek.com site was worthless.

dvj81

Found a pretty kewl site, that has lots of dl's for BIOS tweaking and OCing but not what I was looking for.

OP
augustwest

augustwest

happy surfing.......you may be in for a few long nights. there has to be some beta versions out there somewhere. i will be on the lookout.

sangram

Are you loading defaults in BIOS?

You're supposed to do that, boot once, do your thingy in windows, and boot again to tweak it up. Not tweak it up the first time...

neo-morpheus

Registered
I installed mine today ( using PC2100 RAM )

Temps seem higher on this mainboard then my old MSI KT266 PRO 2. Can't seem to be able to change the speed of the ram (in the bios ) I'm getting DDR333 RAM soon ,

first impression ?? a simple but decend mainboard
didn't have any problem on getting it to boot

GreetZ Neo

dvj81

Yea I didn't touch any of the setting in BIOS when I first set it up. Well not until yesterday. I set the speed of the RAM to 100MHz instead of auto detect. Now I can boot. At 133 it will boot also but if I try 166, no boot or POST.

gordon

I thought I had read somewhere where a reviewer had a similar issue dvj8i and they solved it by upgrading the bios to latest version. Upon going to the soltek web site I noticed that they did have both upgraded bios's for many of their products including the SL75DRV5(4/11/02 & 3/15/02). You might want to try upgrading your bios to see if this helps fix your problem since a couple reviews of that product show that they upgraded bios to latest version prior to their test. On my end I wont upgrade because everything seems ok (only the redstorm overclocking crap crashes upon completion :p).

jtymabel

Registered
soltek sl-75vr5

had a sl-75vr4 and had no problems with it...using xp1700+ @1606 and thought the mb was very stable. switched to a sl-75vr5 w/ xp1900+ and had a hard time oc. bios would lock up and could not get it to boot. reset bios and tried again with luck. now running @1722 per wcpuid but bios only shows 1704? have tried 146 and up fsb with no luck..using pc2700 mushkin. any suggestions?

dvj81

I thought about upgrading the BIOS until I figured out the problem. I don't know if this is specific to the Soltek 75DRV5 but it does not run the memory bus the same as the FSB. Instead it adds to it, that is at a FSB of 100MHz, the memory bus was 134. And at a FSB of 112, the memory was at 147. So I figure that when I put the FSB to 133, the memory must be way over 166 which is why I couldn't boot at that setting. When I have some more time, I'd like to search the current BIOS to see if there is a better setting to control the memory bus speed.

now running @1722 per wcpuid but bios only shows 1704? have tried 146 and up fsb with no luck..using pc2700 mushkin. any suggestions?
jtymabel, maybe you're having the same problem as I did?? What is your memory bus at when you have your FSB at 146? Do you know what the actual clock speed of an XP 1900+ is? I know that with wcpuid you have to be in Windows not BIOS before the oc'ing will take affect.

jtymabel

Registered
When I have some more time, I'd like to search the current BIOS to see if there is a

when you find out let me know...i have played with it and cannot go higher than 142fsb. thanks