• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solution: Mobile Barton 2500+ and 13x multiplier and above

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my mind this trick is useless with the mobile. Who cares what the default is?
My 2600 M run 223X12 and I have had it 168X16 with my Abit AN7 with Nforce2.

Why would setting the default on the mobo bake a difference? Unless you plan on usung the dafault of course.

RAM makes the difference in FSB and the CPU maxes out at near 2700mhz ( stable that is)

I cannot get my mobile 2600 to run above 157 Fsb while it as at the default multiplier of 15. But if I could get it to default to the 14 x multiplier, I probably get it to run at 166 or higher FSB. The ram I am using was running at 166 Fsb with an overclocked 1800+ Tbreb B. So I know the ram is ok. I even had the vcore up to 1.85 and it will not run at 15 x 166. I have an Antec 400 watt power supply and all of the votages look good using motherboard monitor. I have a Thermaltake Silent Boost cpu cooler and have not seen the chip temperature over 49-50c running 3dmark 03, Sisoft sandra cpu burn in or prime 95 at maximum load.

I did some research. The reason this works is because the setting of multiplier was 4-bit by bridge in oldprocessors and 5 bit in new. The fifth bit adds the new range of processors, whereas for old it was default, as per binary, off. By doing the wire trick, you permanently turn this on, so you have the new range. All a BIOS would have to do is be able tor ecognize and cope with this new bridge setting and it could alter it itself, but motherboard makers are lethargic and don't care.

I don't want to advertise but if you Google for XP-TMC, the multiplier setter junky thing they're trying to sell, they show the settings for different multipler.

BUT thanks to this site, I got the new set and I'm rolling along on my Kt133A chipset motherboard for at least another year with a 2.4GHz and improving Barton mobile processor :D THANKS guys, especailly fatboy for your workaround!!

I've posted about the high multipliers before I saw this sticky. I have an xp1700 tbred A which is unlocked and asus a7v133c mobo. Will this wire trick work for me? I can't o/c my fsb without o/cing my agp/pcis so I'm going for high multipliers. Right now I'm running 12.5x 133fsb and my temps are high 40s C. I hope to see 1.8 ghz out of this cpu.

Any info are greatly appreciated. :)

Cpu info:

AXDA1700 DLT3C
AIRGA 0319XPBW

Ok I have a ecs-k7s7ag and am going to do the voltage mod on the back of the mobo using this link.
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
My problem is I need to know what the setting is for 1.450 volts for an xp2500+ mobile so that I can alter it. Does anyone know? I would greatly appreciate if someone would just send me a .jpg file with using the above link (you have to use paint as the lines don't show up when you save the picture)
Thanks for any help
email me here

i have a mobile barton 2600+ with a albatron kx18d pro board. i will try this 'cause i was wondering why no matter other settings i try i can't get it to even boot above a 12.5 multiplier. it will post but then reset itself. i'll post my results soon.

The only way to find out is to have a go. Very nice, but remember fsb is better than muli. 13.5*166 or 11*200, both about the same speed, but i would go for for 11*200 as it has a higher memory bandwith.....

Who has done the thing in a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR or -L, I am lookings towards doing it on tuesday in mine because I want my xp3000+ to go 210x11 or 215x12.5 at least but with the multi at 13x it is imposible to boot at even 200mhz fsb because It will require too much power.

Will this work on KT333 motherboards (I have a Epox KT3A+) with unlocked Throughbred B+s? My highest is 12.5 :-(

Guess even I can learn something about the mobiles... :p

Great mod, I figured there was a simple pinmod, since I knew there was one for below 12.5, but only knew the hardmod tricks to get above.

Added to my FAQ :) I'll credit ye fatboy.

Btw, does anyone know of a pinmod for an XP->MP, if there is such a thing?

Last edited:
I'm still wondering why you guys don't just use CrystalCPUID. I couldn't adjust my mobile 2600 with anything until I found CrystalCPUID. I tested 97 dipswitch configurations and all of them didn't work, then I looked for a software solution and who knew it could be that simple.

Abit, DFI and Soltek nForce2 mobos post higher range multis, other nForce2s cannot without the wire trick, and there's nothing any software can do about it, it has to be the wire trick.

How to have this thing adjustable...
Option 1:
Put 2 ultra-thin insulated wires on socket, with ends with removed insulation in proper holes. Put CPU on, wires are sticking outside. Add switch (the best if before putting thing into socket).

Option 2:
Similiar to option1, but instead of putting thin wires into socket holes, solder to backside of mobo. VERY unrecommended for noobs and people with problems with soldering.

Option 3:
Similiar to option 2, but instead of soldering, glue wires to backside of mobo.

So, thx for attention, and don't blame me for possible (I hope not) computer damage :)

I plan to go with option 1 (I have very think wires used for anti-vehicle rockets :D ) or option 3 - relatively easy. Option 2 is for hardcore OCers. Ofc, before modding, clean mobo to avoid problems.

Anyone knows if

ASUS A7V333 PCB REV 1.02 has multiplier support up to 16x or more ?????????????????????

Last edited:
Got my mobile 2500.........
multi was locked at 12.5 on asus A78X rev 2.0 nvidia utra mb
i have 2700 hyber x that will run at 177fsb @ 2,2,2,4
will run at 200 fsb @ 3,4,4,11
so got out some wire from a fan connector and made a little u shape and dropped it in the pins........... now im at 13 and above :) watch out 3.0 ghz here i come.

Anyone know if this would work on an a7a266 to get access to higher multis? I have a 2600+ that only has switch settings for 5-12.5, would one of those same switch settings, after this mod, force the mb to use a higher multi?

I don't think my 1.03 rev board is actually meant to support a 16.0x multi (which is spec for a 2600 266), but I'd like to try to make it work.

MRD said:
Anyone know if this would work on an a7a266 to get access to higher multis? I have a 2600+ that only has switch settings for 5-12.5, would one of those same switch settings, after this mod, force the mb to use a higher multi?

I don't think my 1.03 rev board is actually meant to support a 16.0x multi (which is spec for a 2600 266), but I'd like to try to make it work.

yes, assuming your processor is unlocked. a word of warning, you can't use lower multis after this if originally you couldn't access higher multis. be careful.

anyway, has anyone gotten multiplier 13x? or anything lower than 15x?

Back