• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED] Multiple programs' title bars don't adhere to Windows theme.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So, caught a bit of a nostalgia bug, and decided to use WindowBlinds 10 and OpenShell to overhaul my Windows 10 installation to look like Vista. Some sounds and cursor packs thrown in, and it's about as close as I could want it. But for some reason, some programs don't get the rounded title bar with the old style minimize, maximize, and exit buttons. FireFox, Discord, Spotify, and Steam are all examples of this. Is there any way to force the theme onto the title bars, or am I kinda just stuck?

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know of a way to universally replace Windows icons for things like file types, etc with third party icons? Had an old laptop with Vista on it that I ripped the icons from, but as far as I can tell the only way to use them is to manually replace them one by one in file explorer properties. :shock: So I'm just wondering if there's an easier way I've perhaps missed in my Google Fu.

Fair enough, I actually managed to figure out Firefox. But Discord and others just have permanent custom title bars apparently. Oh well. :shrug:

Back