• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some games crashing, others not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anything in event viewer for the crash?
That's the thing, there's nothing. When it crashes it acts like if I closed the game itself.
Post magically merged:

I hear ya!

I had an issue like this on my AMD system and i believe disabling C - States solved it.
I dont game on my AMD system tho.
:salute:
I'll check that tho, thx.

Have you tried one stick of RAM in every slot? Could be motherboard issue.

Yeah, imma try that again. Tho I already checked the ram with memtest, trying 1 stick at a time I didn't do. Thx.
Just try the one stick in each slot while playing the game that crashes the most.

Might be something the game creates that memtest does not.

I've got my money on the motherboard. $1. After you replace it and verify that I am correct I'll give you my address. I want 100 uncirculated pennies please.

Did you turn xmp off when testing the sticks?
Yes, XMP disabled. The board will default to 1333Mhz. I tried that and then setting timings/voltages manually.
I've got my money on the motherboard. $1. After you replace it and verify that I am correct I'll give you my address. I want 100 uncirculated pennies please.
I wouldn't be surprised. I'll find out today if it's the board or chip.

I'll have those uncirculated pennies ready for shipment. Non sequential numbers, correct?

Ok so I got the 5900X in, and again ran a know game that crashes ( Wildlands). This time around it crashed after about 3 minutes. Longest streak yet. I'll try FC6 and see.

I'm starting to rethink this and I'm at a point that if a certain game doesn't run, I'll just try another game. Not gonna waste anymore time & money at this. You know
I was thinking about an upgrade to AM5 and a voice in my head said " Suppose the games won't run on that either? What then?" :shrug:

So... the only thing you haven't replaced is the motherboard, right? Anything that fits 5900X is what you'd be looking for before you say F it and upgrade? I'll send you a known good board to borrow and test with. Otherwise, LMK about X670/B650 or Intel stuffz, lol.

Also, this is without that soundcard, right? Just the board, RAM, one storage drive, gpu, yeah?

" Suppose the games won't run on that either? What then?"
Good one.. I don't know...

I can play FC6 fine (intel)...benchmarking with it on 7950x and X670/B650/W11 stuff for months now..

Last edited:
it's also possible that it's a Windows thing, or even an AGESA thing. possibly even problems with newer game builds than when those games ran fine in the past.

on my own system, i've played games at different times with different AGESA in the BIOS and with different Windows 11 builds, and obviously update the GPU drivers constantly, and some games that used to play just fine crash at startup now, while others that used to play just fine now randomly crash to desktop without error messages, while others that used to CTD now play fine. and still others that act like they have a memory leak now when they didn't with previous o/s , AGESA, or drivers.

Back