• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Games Stopped Working on New Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twiggy159

Hello I recently got a Samsung 2033 SW 20'' WS monitor. I installed that drivers and everything is working correctly, until I try to play some games. So far only 2 games are giving me this issue: NFS Shift and Borderlands. The issue is that whenever I try to start up NFS Shift, it instantly crashes, and Borderlands gets about 3 FPS now. When I make my 19'' my primary monitor, they both work just fine and dandy again. I tried reinstalling the games and video drivers, no luck. I tried just hooking up the 20'' by itself, no luck. I would think my video card would be able to run 2 monitors just fine. My GPU is a GTX 280 from EVGA. What in the world is causing this issue? Please help me with this.

Samsung 20'' Monitor Resolution: 1600 x 900
Old 19'' Monitor Resolution: 1280 x 1024.

JHG120

I had this with my first Dell 20." I installed driver's, and BF2 would not start. The game would show the start screen and then go black. I then uninstalled the display driver's, and just let windows install plug and play drivers, and it worked perfectly.

Give that a try, it may work for you as it did for me. GL