• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some people are just stupid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rb26dett

Disabled
I was browsing thru some forums (fifa 2003 & doom III)
and people say fifa 2003 for xbox & ps is better then pc, same goes for doom III people say that xbox doom III is better then PC
... their stupidity really gets to me.
1st of ANY game for PC is alot better then any console ...because on PC you can change graphics, controls, get updates, edit whatever you want .... but most important you got the ability to adjust graphics .. in xbox, ps and other consoles you are stuck in 800x600.
In console games you get the game as it is .. no updates, no nothing.
About doom III alot of morons say you gonna need p4 2ghz or Athlonx 2600+ and over and some hardcore graphics card to run the game at decent frame rate ... WTF IS THAT ??? all you gonna need to run doom at decent frame rate is P4 1.6 or Athlon 1700+ and GF3 card to get between 35-50fps ... jeez
Sorry had to vent cuz this **** ticks me off when morons talk about what they have no clue about and bash PC's cuz they got a ****ty one that wont run anything!

SafirXP

I agree! Console gaming kinda sucks! Don't you just love tweaking & customizing your games? Well Doom3 will perform well on an AthlonXP 1700 or P4 1.6, but to get the best playing conditions.. like 1024x768 using 4xAA & anisotropic filtering, that's what people want!

o0OBruceLeeO0o

I guess im stupid... that is, if by having a different OPINION than YOU, makes me stupid. It is my OPINION that Halo for xbox is better than any fps for pc out right now. I used to be "smart" like you til I actualy played one of these great console games, such as halo.

baqai

I prefer games on PC :)

in consoles i like PS2

and although i prefer PC its matter of opinion, there are many people who prefer games on consoles, i guess one just can't go around forcing one's opinion on others, i am happy with my PC if anyone loves console and thinks PC gaming sucks ... well fine with me i am least bothered :D

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
o0OBruceLeeO0o said:
I guess im stupid... that is, if by having a different OPINION than YOU, makes me stupid. It is my OPINION that Halo for xbox is better than any fps for pc out right now. I used to be "smart" like you til I actualy played one of these great console games, such as halo.

I played halo (for xbox) .. its pretty boring
UT2K3 blows it away.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

rb26dett said:

UT2K3 blows it away.

ok, Your stupid. I played UT2k3, it sucks. Your so stupid. What were you thinking having your own opinion. What kind of moron comes up with this stuff? [/sarcasm]

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
LOL
If you didnt have Bruce Lee as your avatr Id flame you :D

BTW I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about people who bash PCs cuz they dont have good enough PC to play games so they bash it and say console is better. (which is NOT)

TerroH8er

rb26dett said:

UT2K3 blows it away.

thank you, I thought I was the only one.

but if anyone has an Xbox and they like it, then that's great, cause they're happy and it's all good

i personally prefer PC games to console games, first of all, because I mainly like FPS games, and FPS games blow on consoles hands down, because of the, like 4dpi analog sticks. I mean, it's so frustrating when theres a person right in front of you on a console, and your using the sniper rifle, and you move the analog stick a tiny bit and the reticule moves like 40 feet the other way.

also, I mean come on, the xbox runs on a 733mhz PIII. How long is that gonna last you when you've got 3ghz processors coming out in a few weeks? some say 5 years? um no, not for me.

also, i read somewhere that consoles run at 640x480 res, how lame!

o0OBruceLeeO0o

rb26dett said:
LOL
If you didnt have Bruce Lee as your avatr Id flame you :D

BTW I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about people who bash PCs cuz they dont have good enough PC to play games so they bash it and say console is better. (which is NOT)

hehe I was j/k. Just trying to prove a point that its all a matter of opinion.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
TerroH8er said:
also, i read somewhere that consoles run at 640x480 res, how lame!

No ****! most of consoles run on 640x480! ha ... Id chose my PC over ANY console game ANYTIME.

Lt.HMustard

Registered
You can get a lot more out of consoles b/c the games are specifically coded for THAT console. With PC games developers have to code it to accomodate for a variety of PC's and setups.
And it amazes me how you know what kind of PC will run Doom 3 when it isn't even out yet!

Also, whats this talk about consoles and crappy resolution, Xbox supports HDTV. Which alot of the newer games coming out will take advantage of the higher res HDTV. And with the broadband connection on the xbox and the xbox live service coming in nov, it will be easy to download new content. Even though the reason why consoles dont need new patches ect, is b/c it was developed for THAT console. They test it thoroughly with the console to insure there is no bugs.

With PC's you have driver issues, ect, that the developers have no choice but to fix them as them appear, since almost everyone has a different PC setup. So therefore you get patches and fixes.

Now about the 3 ghz processors, software and games STILL aren't coded to take full advantage of the hardware we have NOW! With a console the developers can basically squeeze out all the power they can get out of it before the console isn't "next gen" anymore.

The fact is, a peice of hardware this good (xbox), and capable to play these types of games, with all its features, is really damn hard to beat for $200. And probably going lower this holiday season.

I love PC's, and I find a place in my life for both console and PC, but bickering which one is really better is plain stupid.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Doom III will need 1ghz + proccessor & GF3 card, the Doom III developres (aka ID Software) said those are the minimum requirements to run doom III at decent framerates, thats how I know son.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

rb26dett said:
Doom III will need 1ghz + proccessor & GF3 card, the Doom III developres (aka ID Software) said those are the minimum requirements to run doom III at decent framerates, thats how I know son.

While that may be true, what fun are these new gen games at lowest graphics. I can play UT2k3 with my radeon 7000 system but its not that fun playing at lowest graphics settings at low res. I like my xbox graphics; In fact I couldn't ask for much more, and like Lt.HMustard said with consoles you dont have to worry about compatibility issues. I still use my pc 10x more than I use my xbox, but xbox is fun to play when im tired of sitting in front of a keyboard a couple feet from my monitor.

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
I play UT2003 with everything maxed out @ 1280x1024 and I get up to 115fps, so I dont have to worry about running Doom III the way it should run.

PC games get updates, additions, mods and what not, consoles dont have that ability .. you get the game as is.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

rb26dett said:

PC games get updates, additions, mods and what not, consoles dont have that ability .. you get the game as is.

Thats not 100% true. With the launch of Xbox Live Xbox will have the ability to add updates additions and mods etc...

R0BB23

The funny thing i see is the more consoles become like pc's the better ppl think of them.

Yah there coming out with ethernet slots (or whatever they call them).
You can game online now.

Wow! online!
Ive never heard of that before. Oh wait computers have had that for ages now ;)

Yah they support a better resolution now! WOW! oh wait ;)

whats next a on board harddrive where you store data?
You can surf the internet?
maybe it comes with its own monitor?
A board with a bunch of buttons on it, with letters on the buttons?
maybe interchangable parts so you can upgrade it in the near future?

:p :D :p :D