• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some people are just stupid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
R0BB23 said:
The funny thing i see is the more consoles become like pc's the better ppl think of them.

Yah there coming out with ethernet slots (or whatever they call them).
You can game online now.

Wow! online!
Ive never heard of that before. Oh wait computers have had that for ages now ;)

Yah they support a better resolution now! WOW! oh wait ;)

whats next a on board harddrive where you store data?
You can surf the internet?
maybe it comes with its own monitor?
A board with a bunch of buttons on it, with letters on the buttons?
maybe interchangable parts so you can upgrade it in the near future?

:p :D :p :D

lol ... you got it all right except the resolution .. its not better .. doesnt even come close.

rob is very right, consoles are becoming more and more like pcs, expect for the fact they are design around simplicity. U put the game in and it runs. that has becoming the only advantanage to console gaming these days. people being lazy. (not that being lazy is a bad thing :) ) i have found that some games like the ff series is only great on console, but i dont understand how anybody can play a FPS with a joystick HOW!!!!

R0BB23 said:

whats next a on board harddrive where you store data?
You can surf the internet?
maybe it comes with its own monitor?
A board with a bunch of buttons on it, with letters on the buttons?
maybe interchangable parts so you can upgrade it in the near future?

surf the internet? Dreamcast
on board hard drive? PS2 has a hard drive kit and X-Box will have one soon
own monitor? game boy(classic, color and advance) gamegear..... they all have LCD's

upgrade? never. why would they let you upgrade it? then you wouldn't buy the new system that's coming out next year. :)

yes, more and more like PC's every day....... hehehe, it's working. the consolers are being converted and they don't even know it ;)

Hey, back in the day I upgraded my Nintendo 64 from 4Mb of RAM to 8!!

But I can't help myself I gotta put in my 2 cents:

PC gaming is better than console gaming!!

yay for the PC...

if only they woudl make halo, MGS2, and GT3 a-spec...

i would be happy as a pig in scheisse...

imagine a game like counterstrike on a joystick lol.... good bye awp whorage....

it boggles my how ppl can play C&C or Diablo or baulders gate on consoles

o0OBruceLeeO0o said:
I guess im stupid... that is, if by having a different OPINION than YOU, makes me stupid. It is my OPINION that Halo for xbox is better than any fps for pc out right now

put down the pipe

mouse+kb beats any controller, any day. that isnt opinion, its total fact. you dont get the precision on a console that u have on a comp.

after i got into comps, i sold my X-box and dont even play my friends PS2.

computers own gaming, period. u get custom maps/mods/updates/adjustable graphics ect.

no contest.

Lt.HMustard said:
You can get a lot more out of consoles b/c the games are specifically coded for THAT console. With PC games developers have to code it to accomodate for a variety of PC's and setups.
And it amazes me how you know what kind of PC will run Doom 3 when it isn't even out yet!

Also, whats this talk about consoles and crappy resolution, Xbox supports HDTV. Which alot of the newer games coming out will take advantage of the higher res HDTV. And with the broadband connection on the xbox and the xbox live service coming in nov, it will be easy to download new content. Even though the reason why consoles dont need new patches ect, is b/c it was developed for THAT console. They test it thoroughly with the console to insure there is no bugs.

With PC's you have driver issues, ect, that the developers have no choice but to fix them as them appear, since almost everyone has a different PC setup. So therefore you get patches and fixes.

Now about the 3 ghz processors, software and games STILL aren't coded to take full advantage of the hardware we have NOW! With a console the developers can basically squeeze out all the power they can get out of it before the console isn't "next gen" anymore.

The fact is, a peice of hardware this good (xbox), and capable to play these types of games, with all its features, is really damn hard to beat for $200. And probably going lower this holiday season.

I love PC's, and I find a place in my life for both console and PC, but bickering which one is really better is plain stupid.

it is official that u cant patch/mod a game on xbox, the games run directly off the DVD.

to whoever said about UT2k3 running shiesty on his comp:

if your a smart consumer than you could build a GREAT gaming PC for less than most Dell or Compaq POS. Comp gaming isnt for everyone, unless they have 3+k to spend on an alienware or voodoo.

but when it comes to fun, scalability, and content, along with a lot of things you will learn about comps, computer gaming is hands down far far better

Yeah, I agree totally that PC gaming is way better. Take Morrowind for example. Running on an XBOX, it looks ok but it looks WAY better on a PC. After all, nothing beats 1024x768 32bit 4x FSAA and Anistro filtering!

Personally I feel both PC and consoles have their ups and downs.

On the console side of things:
1. Its great to play a game with tons of your friends, and not have to lug around 100Lbs of stuff in order to play a lan party.
2. The selection of games is still a little bit better than PC.
3. Cheaper than a PC, and can be easily hooked up to your entertainment area with out buying extra cards and adapters.
4. Its a little bit more convienent.
5. Compatibility is 100%

On the PC side of things:
1. PC have the ability to expand their abilities, and it seems most ports to the PC from a console try to improve on what was already a great game.
2. Online gaming. (Alhtough I have been playing online with XBOX for a year now and its pretty nice.)
3. Controls (more on that later)
4. The games have the ability to update themselves (Though Xbox games can do this too.)

It seems alot of people's main argument is controls are better on a PC. I feel this is kind of a gray area, b/c it kind of goes both ways. I once told a friend I play GTAIII on my PC, and he asked "How can you even play that game with a keyboard and mouse, it must be impossible". But it can be done. Then ask a PC person to play a FPS on a console, and they will say its impossible b/c they don't have a mouse. So its really boils down to what you grew up with and have gotton used to, or maybe you found a niche with one particular setup.

To be bias for a second, I used to think PC FPS were far superior then console FPS. But then I came across HALO. I know somepeople say "HALO SUCKS!!!" but they have yet to give a reason why HALO sucks so as of yet I can't see their point of view. I admit, the controls for HALO are a bit though to get used to, but once you understand them and customize them to your liking; the feeling is just awsome. Especially when you punch someone.

Thats about the extent of my ramble.

Saying that a certain game is better on a console than on a PC is kinda stupid.

And just to tell everyone, Halo was suppose to be a Macintosh/PC game but Microsoft took control of the company, ruined their other works in progress, and realesed a good game on a console.
If you like controlling Halo with a controller, well, you can do that on a PC.

MajinSSJVegetto said:
Saying that a certain game is better on a console than on a PC is kinda stupid.

And just to tell everyone, Halo was suppose to be a Macintosh/PC game but Microsoft took control of the company, ruined their other works in progress, and realesed a good game on a console.
If you like controlling Halo with a controller, well, you can do that on a PC.

Of course that is all true. But I just don't understand how people are saying HALO is going to be better on the PC when we know nothing about the PC version. I think it was supposed to be a mac game only if I remember right, and was only supposed to be the jeep driving around shooting things. Not a FPS.

Well speaking of Halo.....

I' m not so sure mr Lee meant that console GAMING is better than PC GAMING. In that case I wholeheartedly disagree. I think that he meant that Halo (the game itself) is better than any fps out there for the PC. Which might be true, but then again, the controls cripples it.....:cool:

PC GAMING rulez:)

/freddie

freddiedaman said:
I think that he meant that Halo (the game itself) is better than any fps out there for the PC.

Exactly. Be it because if gameplay, storyline or controls, I like it better than all the pc FPS's. I would even go as far as to say that the xbox version of halo is better than the pc version. Well at least for me, because I am so used to playing it with my custom xbox controller settings. And to all you that say playing halo for xbox is to sensitve and hard to control... CHANGE THE SENSITIVITY lol.

why PC rules?

1. I can play games on it

2. I can surf net on it

3. I can discuss on this forum via my PC

i can do zillions of things on my pc while on a console i can just insert in a DVD play a game and umm err thats about it !!

have ya noticed (like others have already mentioned) that consoles are trying to BE PC's .. PC's don't try to be consoles :D

PCs are better....simply cuz you can upgrade and stuff like that...and 640x480 sucks.....why would i play GTA3 at 640x480 when i could play it at 1280 on my computer?

rb26dett said:

lol ... you got it all right except the resolution .. its not better .. doesnt even come close.

I meant they uped the resolution, not better in the since of better then comps. Better in the since of better then what it was. :)

I think the biggest reason comps are better are simply because in todays age you need one.

So why not just get a good comp instead of having to buy a comp and a console.:eh?:

Im glad 95% of you agree with me :beer: :D
Makes me feel better, I was really ticked off when I was reading those fifa 2003 & doom III forums. those stupid kids!

Back