• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Somebody please Help me and ill forever be in your debt! Before i go any further

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Asus? I thought you have a gigabyte board.

RMA the bad stick. Only use the good stick to install Windows on an empty hard drive partition from the beginning. Any previous installation made under bad stick is no good. Format that.

I did I replaced the Gigabyte. Sorry the thread is so long you might have missed that. I have a feeling the gigabyte was also bad because not only was their multiple reviews of people having same issues. But twice i replaced the ram with a friends and the same issues where happening.

OK. You're already up to date on BIOS, but if you ever update again, unless you are updating from a bootable USB stick, extract BIOS update to C: Drive then

Press and hold Delete at bootup > Inside blue BIOS screen under Exit, select "Load Setup Defaults"
before updating to new BIOS version > Save and Exit

Press and hold Delete at bootup again > Inside blue BIOS screen under Tools > select "Asus EZ Flash2" >
> Flash new BIOS

If there are problems at bootup, press F2 to load defaults or inside blue BIOS screen under Exit,
select "Load Setup Defaults" before changing values.

OK. You're already up to date on BIOS, but if you ever update again, unless you are updating from a bootable USB stick, extract BIOS update to C: Drive then

Press and hold Delete at bootup > Inside blue BIOS screen under Exit, select "Load Setup Defaults"
before updating to new BIOS version > Save and Exit

Press and hold Delete at bootup again > Inside blue BIOS screen under Tools > select "Asus EZ Flash2" >
> Flash new BIOS

If there are problems at bootup, press F2 to load defaults or inside blue BIOS screen under Exit,
select "Load Setup Defaults" before changing values.

I did everything except extract to c drive. well i extract to desktop then put it on flash drive. i then went to bios . restored defaults. and used ez flash.. Its uefi bios not blue not that that makes any difference really.

Thanks again for all your help

So with one good stick of RAM in Slot 1, you should be good to go installing fresh Windows onto formatted partition.

To eliminate initial source of problems, I would install with only the CPU, Video Card , mouse and keyboard, no other cards, no other hard drives. Then when everything is installed and stable, then connect other hard drives and cards and peripherals.

I have a strategy about using Windows, and could not imagine doing it any other way. I partition my drive and install different versions of Windows on different partitions, then dual boot, so I can image/reimage one from the other.

This can be a 5 minute process and can restore your Windows back to the state it was in when everything was just like you wanted it to be in a few minutes. It takes hours to set everything up, but only minutes to image/reimage.

Back