• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Somebody shoot me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Ok I see Newegg in thier refurb section had a stick of 512mb Geil pc3200 Ultra for $129

'Since when does Newegg sell DDR memory in the refurb section' I say to myself

Anyway after bad mouthing the fact that OCsystems.com and Geil are both run by Encore Innovations, and the fact that Ocsystem.com has a pretty pale 2.88 Resellerratings.com rating I was kind of hesitant to hit the Buy button, But I DID

Well Its good stuff and I am surprised and anything bad I said about Geil I apologize, but OCSystems.com still has a thing to learn about being a good vendor.

I'll leave on this note, if your Stick of Mushin or Corsair malfunctions you can rest assure you will get a replacement quickly.

I hope I don't have to test Geils customer support, because if its similiar to OCsystems.com's support I'll probably be up the creek without a paddle so to speak :rolleyes:

Alright bro...this is gonna hurt you alot more than its gonna hurt me. he he BLAM! BLAM! SSHICKTAA BLAM! BLAM! You alright dude? ha ha ha I have always wanted to shoot a mod!

What did you get the Giel up to?

BTW...how do you refurb ram?

Henry Rollins II said:
?? I really dont understand - what is the problem? Is there a problem?

There is no problem, its really performing quiete well

Let me put it this way, I was able to get my cpu well over 3000mhz where-as the Mushkin couldn't go that high with the mem timings set as aggresive as possible.

krag said:

BTW...how do you refurb ram?

Refurb memory is a customer return, before I used it I did confirm by looking at the gold tabs to see if they had scrapes/marks to see if it had been put in a memory slot, and in fact it had.

Perhaps the persons mobo was incompatible with this stuff....who knows...

PS Not sure how high it will go yet as I have only tested at 2.5v so far

Last edited:
Henry Rollins II said:

Oh so now you dont wanna be shot.
;)

That was as close to saying, Buy Geil memory its decent stuff as your gonna hear me say :cool:

It amazes me this product performs well, being that Ocsystem doesn't perform all that well according to resellerratings.com, as thier both run by the same company.

Yeah I dunno why Geil has such a bad rep, I love my 256meg ultra plat. 433mhz, It runs at 194mhz fsb max mem settings (mobo wont go higher....darn soyo :( )

I know its the mobo because my dads corsair xms, and 2400+ can both hit 207 mhz. Its at a /6 divider so the pci and agp are underclocked by .66667 mhz.

talk about a leap of faith. :eek:

i noticed that on the refurbs the other day. wondered about it.

hmmmmmm...................i was considering to go with geil for my Nforce2 i want but it seems to be kinda controversial. I am one of those people that doesn't like to do what everyone else is doing, so i might go with this stuff rather than corsair XMS cas2. NO ANTEC CASE FOR ME! :D :p :cool:

Im glad it works as good as it does. You have to take risks some times :) BTW, Geil ram did have great reviews from alot of sites.

Edit: How high did you get it?

Maxvla said:
talk about a leap of faith. :eek:

i noticed that on the refurbs the other day. wondered about it.

Its not a leap of faith at all, Newegg has a 15 day warranty on this product, if it was garbage I could get my money back. ;)

TheFrag said:
hmmmmmm...................i was considering to go with geil for my Nforce2 i want but it seems to be kinda controversial. I am one of those people that doesn't like to do what everyone else is doing, so i might go with this stuff rather than corsair XMS cas2. NO ANTEC CASE FOR ME! :D :p :cool:

IMHO if you want a sure thing, go with the Corsair my friend, Mushkin is also decent....But not many people complain about Corsair ;)

Back