• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

someone please explain ipod slow sync for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZKshatriya

DMCA Violated Member
Ok, im using mediamonkey instead of itunes, cos, well, its not itunes.

moving my music onto my dads 8gb ipod nano, and.........it seems to be taking about 2.5 to 3 minutes per song, so 350+ songs...........yeah

When my walkman was still working, moving 3+ gigs worked at the max speed of its USB 2.0 connection.

What gives with this ALL HAIL APPLE product?

If syncing apple devices is this involved..........I am never buying my own.
Might even go back to mixtapes on my 80s walkman.

I would try testing with iTunes and see if the synching takes as long.

yeah...........tried to install

it froze....

yay apple..

yay multiple instances of windows installer AND module installer running at same time, and yet doing nothing....

Next week I am so reformatting and reinstalling this OS, it is BORKED.

Ugh, ran tweaking.com's windows repair tool, in safe mode, 2x.
repaired registry, repaired msi installer, set a whole buncha stuff back to defaults.

Finally Itunes decided to install, did a factory reset on the nano, and its working faster.......also doesn't mind being plugged into a 3.0 port it seems. *go figure an apple product is happy, and most PC products are not friendly with usb 3 even though the standard calls for backwards compatibility*

This will do until I can do an OS reinstall after midterms..........ugh........midterms...

Back