• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeff_harrison_344

I need to know (quickly) if i could use a Socket370 Pentium HSF combo on my Voodoo5, and would it cool it a lot better?!?!?

yep.. but doesn't the voodoo 5 have 2 gpus? then you'd need two... just check beforehand on the card to make sure that the hsf fits properly.. you might have to file the hsf in places to make it fit over caps or other smds. also, make sure the fan cables are long enough to get to fan headers if they're 3 pin. to attach it, i'm not sure if the v5 has little mounting holes, but if not, then i'd use good thermal epoxy, like artic silver epoxy. try this online store for that.

at 2cooltek theyve got that 38$ voodoo 5 cooling monster. 2 copper hsf's for both gpu's and then the memory heatsinks. nice. thats what id get if i had money...or a voodoo5

Back