• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

something about mp3s is freezing Mandrake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Christoph

JAPH Senior
Something about playing mp3s is freezing my computer. It freezes in xmms and when I hover the cursor over the icon of an mp3, but not regularly (ie it'll play a song fine 5 times, but then when I hover the cursor over it, my system freezes). Most of the time, either method (hover or xmms) of playing mp3s works fine. It may go for five hours or five minutes before freezing, but I've had to reset between 4 and 7 times per day since I've had my system up and playing music. I suspect that I need an updated codec, but I don't know where to get one or how to install it.
I'm running Mandrade 8.1 on an Epox 8kha+ with an XP 1600+ and onboard audio.

Last edited:
If you can, use the Mandrake update tool - see if that fixes the problem - but its just a guess. Can't hurt tho.

I just know it's going to freeze while I'm typing this.

So far, so good. 1 day 1h:15m of sweet sweet uptime. I'm not totally convenced, but I do know that it's been too long since I've had uptime >1 day.
Looks like it didn't freeze while I was posting either! Me = happy camper!!

Back