• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is Messed up...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Location
West Central MN
The last 2 or 3 days all I've been getting is 1.8 points at almost every update. I should be getting a lot more than that. I have a Duron 750, Tbird 1.33, and a Tbird 1.2. Whats up? I'm losing ranks because of it!! :mad:
 

Ploaf

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Location
Warren, OH
Does the client check out ok on all of your systems? You're right. You should be getting more than twice that amount easily.
I think there are some bad wu's going around and I had 2 systems act up in the last 2 weeks for no apparent reason.
 
OP
KaHNZa

KaHNZa

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2001
Location
West Central MN
Yeah I've checked them all and they seem OK. Its just rather frustrating to see all that CPU time wasted...
 

muddocktor

Retired
Joined
Nov 1, 2001
Location
New Iberia, LA
I know what you mean, wasting the cpu time. I had a bad WU today on my K6-2+ machine and it had been working on it for 2 days, faulted out on frame 50. I didn't receive any credit for 2 days of folding with my poor little K6-2.:( Luckily, that is the only bad WU I've received on any of my boxen though.
 

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Location
Cincinnati, Oh.
Maybe thats happening to me too, I noticed that my production is down on the stats page, but I haven't made any changes or shut any of my rigs down. They've been chompin on some of those 5 pointers, and I know two of them have completed, but I didn't receive any credit for them. I figured it was just taking a while for the stats page to get updated. Who knows?:(
 

JetMech

Member
You are folding BBa5, either Native or build_ext at 0.6pts each. My Tbird [email protected] takes 3hrs 10mins to complete one of these. I have been folding both off and on for more than a week now and my production has dropped from 26 points per day to 19.2pts/day wide open. I think if you check FAHlog you'll find that you are folding NativeBBa5s and/or bba5_build_exts. Hope this helps. Fold On!:beer: :burn:
 

Ploaf

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Location
Warren, OH
I added the XP1800 the other night and my stats went down. :(
Oh well. It seems like everyone has been getting hit with this. A few people were way up but I think that had more to do with the contest than anything :burn:

Cheers :beer:
 

JetMech

Member
Ploaf said:
I added the XP1800 the other night and my stats went down. :(
Oh well. It seems like everyone has been getting hit with this. A few people were way up but I think that had more to do with the contest than anything :burn:

Cheers :beer:
The numbers I gave can be confirmed through math. This is the second time I have experienced this roller coaster effect while changing proteins and have found it to be the values Stanford gives each protein rather than an operational defect on either end of the spectrum. I would hope that the assignment server is distributing proteins evenly across the board so that no one individual suffers the loss of production (not really a good term for this anamoly) realized when folding the smaller proteins. I will say that for some in the contest (myself included) the luck of the draw can prove disappointing if not infuriating. This is not a complaint but a mere pointing out of a fact of life under the present version of FAH. Folding ON! :beer: :burn:
 

Newbie_Doo

Admin Parent
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Location
Stafford, Virginia USA
JetMech said:
You are folding BBa5, either Native or build_ext at 0.6pts each. My Tbird [email protected] takes 3hrs 10mins to complete one of these. I have been folding both off and on for more than a week now and my production has dropped from 26 points per day to 19.2pts/day wide open. I think if you check FAHlog you'll find that you are folding NativeBBa5s and/or bba5_build_exts. Hope this helps. Fold On!:beer: :burn:

bba5's are killing me. Every box I have folding right now is folding bba5s. Hopefully we'll blast through these and pick up some more valuable ones pretty soon.
 

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Location
East Bridgewater, MA
This hapened to me last week....

1.8.....1.8......1.8......*sigh*.....1.8.....

bba5 ext's...every rig. Now all three are Folding those 5 pointers.... One rig locked up last night, but the other two turned 'em in. Nice to see that fat "10" this morning...:)

Fold Monitor shows me banging out a protienAnat in 14 hours on the XP1800+, the T-Birds are a bit slower... From one extreme to the other...:rolleyes:
 

David

Forums Super Moderator
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
I have had three NativeBBA5s the past couple of days - I can only get on the net once or twice a day - parents+dialup=internet problems.

I like the protienAs - 12hrs/day folding can usually complete one in 2/3 days. My favourite one is probably the 2 point GNRA hairpin - a sort of middle point between bba5s and proteinAs.
 

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Location
Cincinnati, Oh.
Yeah, I've been getting the ProtienA's the last 3 days now. Even the little p166 has been working on one. I hope it can get it done in time
 

muddocktor

Retired
Joined
Nov 1, 2001
Location
New Iberia, LA
JetMech, those AMD rigs should be able to digest one of those 5 point ProteinA's in about 16-18 hrs. It takes a fast Intel rig around a day to process one.
 

chrismacan

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Location
Montreal, Quebec
I seem to have protein 2SPZ...

I'm not sure if this is right but I am shredding through them at about a frame every 3 minutes...that makes about 5 WU each day...the previous protein I was folding took my rig about 14 hours to do...

Is this right???

Maybe I can optimize more...any suggestions would be warmly welcomed...

:confused: :confused: :confused:
 

Ploaf

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Location
Warren, OH
chrismacan said:
I seem to have protein 2SPZ...

I'm not sure if this is right but I am shredding through them at about a frame every 3 minutes...that makes about 5 WU each day...the previous protein I was folding took my rig about 14 hours to do...

Is this right???

Maybe I can optimize more...any suggestions would be warmly welcomed...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Some proteins are smaller than others. THis is the reason that we have the score. The score is the indicator of how much work you did. A protein that is finishing in 1 or 2 hours may only be worth 1/3 point but one that takes all day could be worth 5 points.