• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something with disk , ram or software ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

Hello.
Last time i bought new SSD disk Samsung Evo 850 250gb and new rams Kingston Hyperx 2x8gb 1600mhz.
I have fresh installed Windows 10 Pro. I have only installed few programs. All is working smooth and fast.
But today i encountered a problem with slowdown of performance. After installing 3dmark 11,when i click run 3dmark11.exe Windows just decrease performance ,something just broke . Every application i was try to run i waited 10 seconds to open.
All was sudden slowdown. After long wait i check usage of cpu ,ram and disk and was 0%. So i forced hard reset and now is working again ok and fast.
What was caused this? RAM, DISK or just software? I immidiatelly check disk with HDDTUNE but 0 errors.
I run memtest86 0 errors. It can be something with disk?

Problem occur after a fresh installation of Windows 10.

Last edited:
no other programs was closed. Nothing in background. It just start to slowdown entire system when i run 3dmark11.exe. Every application i try to run i waited 10 second to open. Windows 10 START BUTTON stop working. So i forced hard reset. It can be disk issue?

No only when i click 3dmark11 and run test. Then suddenly my system starting to become unresponsible and laggish i cant do almost anything . I must force hard reset. So it is software issue? I can reproduce this. Almost everytime when i click run test.

If 3DMark11 causes issues, don't use it. Simple.

Your computer, like the other 38 threads you created, is perfectly fine.
Stop. Worrying. About. Your. Computer.

If 3DMark11 causes issues, don't use it. Simple.

Your computer, like the other 38 threads you created, is perfectly fine.
Stop. Worrying. About. Your. Computer.
Sew it's like you're constantly looking for issues. Every Pc I own, at times has a glitch or two, sometimes a program doesn't open or there is a flicker on the screen. Does this mean there is a problem with the hardware, no. Seriously, stop worrying so much about every little thing.

3DMark11 runs a service (check services.msc for the Futuremark Sysinfo service) that could be giving you issues.

Back