• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony bluraywebsite has unreadable disclaimers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just start looking through the site and mouse over on a disclaimer, like where it compares hd dvd and bluray.

Its something about transfer speed.

Also I notice that sony doesnt say whether the 50GB is single or double sided. Anyone know?

Ok so I adjusted my resolution to 800x600 and looked real close. I think it says "Transfer speeds vary and are dependent on base hardware"

It is readable but barely. I can't say that they are trying to hide this, but it does show that they don't have a very good web designer working on it.

I'd say it's just typical Corporate marketing at work. Enhance the good aspects and obfuscate the bad.

I still have no idea what you are talking about, but why dont you copy and paste it into word and enlarge the font that way.

2001653750833430861_rs.jpg

1024x768

2001630316172143042_rs.jpg

800x600

2001669820893041601_rs.jpg

the disclaimer itself from screencap at 800x600 first enlaged by 200% then 400%

Deadbot1_1973 said:
Ok so I adjusted my resolution to 800x600 and looked real close. I think it says "Transfer speeds vary and are dependent on base hardware"

It is readable but barely. I can't say that they are trying to hide this, but it does show that they don't have a very good web designer working on it.

I'd say it's just typical Corporate marketing at work. Enhance the good aspects and obfuscate the bad.

Best I could do:
disclaimer.jpg

The program I use tries to clean up the image when zooming rather than making it look pixelated , Im seeing the same thing except I think It says "Transfer speeds vary and are dependant upon base hardware" , When looking at my pic its actually easier to make out the words if you sit further away from the screen. I dont think its a really big deal tho, I had more fun trying to figure out what it says than anything else lol.

Last edited:
LOL! That industry support list is a load of crap... most of the BD corps are equally sided with HD-DVD and don't want to risk takeing sides soo early.
HD-DVD Vs. BD-ROM is pretty much tied, but the movie-makers are preferring HD-DVDs simply because they give the biggest bang for your buck.
Transfer speeds are somewhat matched.
But here's the bomb: A 90Gb triple layer HD-DVD is about 2/3 the price of a 50Gb double layer BD-ROM... or was it 1/2... well, a lot cheaper anyhoo.

Now that's some really, really fine print!

transfer speeds very and are *blurry* upon host hardware. I think. and thats blurry as in not clear, not a new name for bluray

Back