• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony PSP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

I want to get my son a PSP or a Nintendo DS for christmas. I need some help finding a good deal on a PSP. Anyone having black friday specials on them? or where is the cheapest get them? it's for a 4 year old kid. thanks

Wrathre

Registered
If it's for a 4 year old, I'd maybe consider checking out refurb/used units instead of a new one. Gamestop would be a good place to check for those.

Pandam00nium

Check craigslist and maybe ebay too. I got a slim version for $75 shipped off ebay. Although it had a minor defect that didn't affect it's usage. I usually see people selling PSPs for around 80-90ish on craigslist.

OP
chrome-187

chrome-187

i think for a 4 year old, you may want to consider a nintendo DS instead.

my son doesnt really like those type games...DS that is...and i really dont like the idea of 2 screens...his cousins that are 6 and 7 are getting psp's and i dont want him to be the only one with a DS...thinking that they could link up and play together....really i was debating big time on getting a DS..but my son is pretty advanced for his age..he's been playing gears of war, gears of war 2, halo etc since he was 2 years old...(maybe the next fatality?)2 years later and he is pwning guys my age online on gears of war...he has a ps2 but he'd rather play my xbox 360 all day long...still leaning towards a psp becuz he is so advanced...he pwns all his older cousins :comp:

ratbuddy

Look for the Hannah Montana bundle. It's usually $30 less than the other ones, for whatever reason. Maybe because it's pinkish purple. You missed the Newegg sale for $140, but it's still only $160 I think.

I'd rock one of those just for the irony factor :beer:

rainless

Old Member
Look for the Hannah Montana bundle. It's usually $30 less than the other ones, for whatever reason. Maybe because it's pinkish purple. You missed the Newegg sale for $140, but it's still only $160 I think.

I'd rock one of those just for the irony factor :beer:

Umm... NO.

He is NOT getting this little boy the HANNAH MONTANA psp so all the OTHER little boys can beat the holy hell out of him whenever they see him.

He's either getting a very masculine black or suave machismo silver.

I find it really hard to recommend a PSP for this situation because I know the 4 year old won't be modding it... which is really tragic.

I still have my old PSP 1001.

It's easily the best ever made. Very VERY sturdy, too (though my 6-year old nephew somehow managed to break his.)

Don't get the PSPGo... it's probably the LEAST sturdy model and requires you to download all your games from PSN at whatever price mirosoft decides to charge (as opposed to being able to just borrow from his friends or get 'em cheap on sale at Best Buy or Gamestop.)

hajalie24

Umm... NO.

He is NOT getting this little boy the HANNAH MONTANA psp so all the OTHER little boys can beat the holy hell out of him whenever they see him.

He's either getting a very masculine black or suave machismo silver.

I find it really hard to recommend a PSP for this situation because I know the 4 year old won't be modding it... which is really tragic.

I still have my old PSP 1001.

It's easily the best ever made. Very VERY sturdy, too (though my 6-year old nephew somehow managed to break his.)

Don't get the PSPGo... it's probably the LEAST sturdy model and requires you to download all your games from PSN at whatever price mirosoft decides to charge (as opposed to being able to just borrow from his friends or get 'em cheap on sale at Best Buy or Gamestop.)

umm... what? :p

ratbuddy

Umm... NO.

So maybe he shouldn't put the little flower and butterfly stickers on it :p

Still a good price, and who really cares what color the thing is??

scoobydoo

So maybe he shouldn't put the little flower and butterfly stickers on it :p

Still a good price, and who really cares what color the thing is??

a 4yr old boy

if he only knew at that young age how many girls he could get just by being in touch with his "feminine side" though

OP
chrome-187

chrome-187

yea i did notice the hannah montana was cheaper...but like the others said, i just can't bring myself to buy him a purple psp...that would be like buying him purple nike shoes cuz they were cheaper...i do appreciate the advice but i would like to stick with the black version...kinda still debating on the psp or DS though..i have about 4-5 days to make up my mind...but leaning towards the psp still...just so dam expensive