• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorry folks "Cusil" is not an option --Stick with Copper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Bomb

Registered
I looked in to the Silver copper mix alloy which has a far better heat conductivity than copper Ex. around 564 Vs. 332. Anyway......... after several E-mails. I got a quote for a square flake 1mm thick 1/2 an inch X 1/2 and inch and they sent me back.... Get this!!!! $1,200 Ouch. So I wen't with Danger Den & the Copper maze for around $30. Got a cold plate and a 156W Peltier and got -7c with my Duron 800 ambient and 12c @1050.
Any News on mini Freezer coils?

A-Bomb

dimmreaper

Silver on the other hand is still the best option. It melts at low tempuratures (compared to copper and aluminum), and as a result can easily be fashioned in to any shape you desire with help from a propain soldering tourch and some simple open molds.

LimeyGreg

What's the percentage of silver and copper in the alloy? Shouldn't be too difficult to make an alloy and cast a waterblock base, although probably easier to just use silver as the bottom plate.