• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry Production Down!, Due to Heat Wave!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

Yep sorry to say will be as of Yesterday Shut down half my Folding Rigs as we are having 40+C days and getting to Dam Hot for Quads, or GTX-295 running even with AC going full bore

Looks like we are on High Bush Fire Alert too!

So just finishing up some WU,s @ 80-95% this morning and is already 29C as of 08:00AM and going to be 43C

When these WU,s done those Rigs will be also Shut Down for Now, even over night was 27C

Will fold when I can if Ambient Temps allow :salute:

Looks like Adak you will now get to pass, me with ease!! :salute:

dylskee

Damn, that is hot!!!! If it makes you feel better it's only 10°F here! :cool: Hope to see you back on board soon but i don't blame you for shutting down, that's crazy hot.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Lately it's been in the single digit F around here (about -15C) with wind chill going well into -10F to -20F (around -30C) and on top of that fresh 6 inches of snow just today mean virtually all schools never opened. Just imagine trying to find a baby sitter who can drive through the snow so you could try to get to work.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Yikes JS, sorry to hear of the miserable heat. I fully understand the "farm down due to heat" thing myself. :eh?:

If I were to ever find a genie-in-a-bottle(or hit the lotto) I'd have some serious cooling in place for my computer room...I'd also have a serious rack of enterprise class hardware to cool, as well. ;)

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Whew!!! That's H-O-T!!! Take care of you and the Mrs. JS! Just get that Arctic Sled out... that'll keep em cool. :cool:

Man... all you guys talking about negative temps. My thin Alabama blood is complaining because it's 30F outside right now. :D

Adak

Stay safe and cool, JS. Thanks for all your help with the milestone thread and data.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
wow, maybe we should ship you a box of cool air or something...

Porvalsh

I believe you Jolly! It was about this time of year a few years ago that I was down in NSW for work. We put a conveyor system in at a cotton gin. It was so hot, we just sweat the entire day and there were so many flies it was almost unbearable. You would look around at all the workers and there would be a good 20 flies or so on everyones backs.

On time I was showing the foreman some of the engineering drawings and discussing the days work and a flie flew in my mouth. I choked briefly, then coughed it back out onto the drawing. He just flicked it off the paper like nothing ever happened. I was like, "seriously? its normal to be choking on dirty, nasty flies"? Lol. That was a trip...

OP
Jolly-Swagman

Jolly-Swagman

Well at least while they are down can get around to doing some of the maintenance on them , blow out a few dust bunnies and one needs new HDD as been bit noisy at times,

@ Porvalsh - yeah those flies up NSW way are terrible

@ozzlo, lol at video, and btw we have those ugly looking monstrosities of Wind Farms here in Wonthaggi, you can hear them at Night

Got some Gardening to do Today too and get some Veggies planted

Just received a couple of goodies, in the Mail Thursday , E8500 for me (Belated Birthday Gift)and E8400 for the wife, (Belated Christmas gift)

Now just waiting on the GA-X48T-DQ6 M/B from baditude_df to arrive

And our new LG HD32LCD TV arrived too, insurance replacement, got The Sled connected to that, and WoW its awesome

The Wife , says to say Hi , and thanks for the caring comments to everyone .

Will be doing another Milestone Update later on, as Stanford Updating Stats so cant do data download till later!!

OP
Jolly-Swagman

Jolly-Swagman

Still Dam Hot Here Today another Day way Over 40C mark @ 3PM Mon Jan 11 2010 and nearly off my Weather Stations Temp scale

My Weather Station Temps Readings

JanHeatWave2010.jpg

Last Feb 7th 2009 Black Saturday Temps

PictureTemps29-01-09.jpg

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
If you need to shut down due to heat, we understand JS. Taking care of your family is much more important than the points. We all know how much heat a folding rig creates, and when you have ambients like that, it is much easier on the AC bill, and also on the rigs to just shut down. Take care of your wife and yourself, before worrying about your PPD. Here's a :beer: on me to help ease the troubles of those temps.

onefstsnake

Wow those are some crazy temps. Is it a dry heat?

The summers here are very humid usually making it pretty sticky out.

Hope to see you folding again soon!

:salute:

madhatter256

Special Member
Wow. In contrast, over here in FL my PC is currently at 31degrees celcius folding!!! It's been like this for a week now, so has the temperature.

Adak

That's damn hot! By all means shut those rigs down and keep it as cool as you can.

I believe you're competing with Death Valley, Jolly! Or <cue dramatic music> Arizona!

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Or better yet come on up to Florida. You know it's cold when you see eBay auction for genuine natural Florida snow, and the seller wants coat not cash. :D

OP
Jolly-Swagman

Jolly-Swagman

Thanks everyone for the Cool Support, even now @ 04:30AM is 33C

@ onefstsnake,, yes very Dry Heat, During the Day with Hot Northerly winds,
but at the moment is Humid and sticky @ 04:30 and a very clear Sky,

Yeah some of you Guys over there are having really big Freeze, my cousin back in UK cant leave there Homes due to Bad Blizzard conditions , they say it has been the worst, they have had for years.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
geeze dude those temps are absurd, havent seen numbers like that since I lived in texas :eek:

Its been in the mid 50s F over the weekend here, if I could send you some cold air I would :thup: