• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry WhiteHawk upgrade time again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dang. I had to shut down my multi core folding for a few days as I rebuild my upgraded unRAID system. I'll be able to get that back up tonight when I get home. That'll bring back another 100k +. I took my 1080 out to build a dedicated VR machine. It's not up and running yet so that's another 400k+ I'm waiting on.

You guys are going awesome. I plan to work on a challange to you guys in the future. This will be a more active plan if I get my promotion and a less active plan if I get fired. Odds favorite is that all remains the same in which case none of know when I will mount a challenge but mount one I will.

I knew you got one in the shuffle, how did you get the others?:cool:

They were in stock in the Newegg Marketplace and I bought them. They were more than the shuffle price obviously, but they are EVGA and for about $350 each I can step them up to 3080 Tis for another 2mil PPD each.

And if I can sell off my old cards, I can probably pick up another 3070Ti relatively quickly.

They were in stock in the Newegg Marketplace and I bought them. They were more than the shuffle price obviously, but they are EVGA and for about $350 each I can step them up to 3080 Tis for another 2mil PPD each.

And if I can sell off my old cards, I can probably pick up another 3070Ti relatively quickly.
Oh very nice...always preferable to get EVGA...the one i got will be the first non EVGA I have had in more than 10years .

Well, I'm kind of grumpy. They approved one Step-up, but apparently not from what I paid, only from the MSRP. So figure about twice as much.

Also, they denied the second Step-up, saying I had Step-up in progress for the same part number, even though they are different part numbers.

You should reply back explaining the difference.
I will after I get the first one processed. I'm kind of annoyed I'm going to be paying a total of about $1900 for a 3080Ti, but that is about what they are going for on Newegg, so I'm not feeling totally screwed over.

Once this one is done, and my debit-card has cooled down from white-hot over-use, I'll try again on the other one and email support if I need to.

I will after I get the first one processed. I'm kind of annoyed I'm going to be paying a total of about $1900 for a 3080Ti, but that is about what they are going for on Newegg, so I'm not feeling totally screwed over.

Once this one is done, and my debit-card has cooled down from white-hot over-use, I'll try again on the other one and email support if I need to.
Hope the tax refund cover it...😅 Looking forward to what the PPD is for you.

You should reply back explaining the difference.

Well, it won't work. looks like I read it wrong. They are saying I can only step up to 1 3080Ti, regardless of what I'm stepping up from. So, I suppose I could upgrade to a 3090 or a 3080. Not sure if the 3090 is worth it for the PPD, the 3080 would be a lot cheaper, but the PPD is almost identical.

Back