• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirGaz

Registered
Hi there

I'm having a little difficulty in getting my system to play though ny amp. I've a Technics SA-DX940 dolby digital amp which plays sound from my DVD player and TV fine, but I can't get any sound at all from the PC.

I've hooked my a coaxial cable from the SPDIFF out on the PC to the digital in on the amp but no sound comes out. I've run the sound wizard on Soundstorm but can't get any sound of the amp speakers.

Is there something I need to do as I can't find anything else other than to connect the thing up. I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe board

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
I've got a similar reciever, the dx1050. Did you go into the setup on the reciever and make sure you mapped the correct digital input to the 'mode' you are selecting?

OP
S

SirGaz

Registered
Not quite sure what you are saying. I've selected the correct input on the receiver and set the input mode to both digital and analogue and got nothing for both. I don't have a "setup" mode on the receiver.

I'll have a read through the instructions for the amp when I get home.

OP
S

SirGaz

Registered
seamadan000 said:
I know for the SB Live! cards you have to select 'digital output' in a control panel somewhere. Maybe there is something similar in you case.

Yeah, there are settings in the control panel as to what speaker set up you have but setting that to every option still produces no sound. I only assume there is something not set up right, or it's an incompatability problem. And I'm running out of things to tweak :temper:

100mbHD

I think i'm getting the same exact problem he's getting, however, when i have my amped speakers hooked up to the line out of my SB live card, it creates a sound that is so distorted adn so bad, it's impossible to listen to, and i know i can't plug it in speaker out becasue it doesnt' sound right either, where can i access this digital output in control panel? this might be his and my problem.