• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundblaster and microphone trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnson

Registered
Hi guys,

I am at my wits end here with my sound card and microphone and I really need some input as to what I am doing wrong.

I am using the Creative Soundblaster Platinum 5.1 card and the Live Drive 2 and a Plantronics headset and mic and I cannot get the two of them to work together :mad:

I have tried numerous different settings to get it to work but seem to be only to get part of it working.I managed to use Windows sound recorder working with it but then when I tried using Gamevoice it wouldnt work(I can hear everything but no one can hear me).I dunno what it is as obviously the mic is working but not in certain apps.I did actually get the mic to work in Game voice but then i couldnt find anyone online amongst my friends who had it installed :rolleyes: so I tried Messenger and then it told me my mic was not configured, so I enabled it but it wouldnt work and now it doesnt work in Game voice or MSN lol.
Has anyone got a good link to setting something like this up?Obviously it has to be very simple as I must be very stupid :D

Thanks

J