• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundstorm Alternative??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dartor

I know that the soundstorm boards are the only ones that encode dolby digital on the fly right now, but has anybody heard of any other alternatives in the near future??

Soundstorm has been out for a good year and nobody in the mind has bothered to go DUH that's an awesome idea. I've got no plans to upgrade for a while and would love this feature. Even if I had to buy a creative card. :bang head

Buhammot

The next best thing is the analog connections... Massive wires everywhere and hopefully getting all the wiring right too... After that, there is the digital PCM (not AC3) method which is still a digital signal... but I am not too familiar with that tho.

Tedinde

Xtreme refugee
I love just plugging in my optical cable in and straight to the z680's. I havnt had a soundcard in since.

I've got a hercules game theater 6.1 and a audigy 2 sitting on a shelf doing nothing.

Tebore

dartor said:
If NVIDIA was smart they would license the technology and lots more people could enjoy it. Greedy SOBs. :mad:

They already made plenty of money implimenting that technology in the Xbox. They didn't licence because Nvidia wants people to use the MCP-T, but it's areally expensive so most motherboard companies don't use it.