• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo K7V Dragon Plus Raid Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eternalprophet

Registered
Howdy all.

I have a Soyo K7V Dragon Plus motherboard. It has worked great up until now. I installed th epromise raid drivers under Win 2k. Boot it up, detects the harddrive fine, but when I get into Windows, nada raid. The driver is installed correctly.

Now, I know someone is going to say "use one drive per channel and have both to master". I want to know if it's possible to run a 1 drive raid setup under this motherboard.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

First off, there is no such thing as a one drive raid. To have a raid setup of 0, 1 or 0+1, you need two drives or more. Now if you are asking if you can run one drive off the raid controller, then the answer is yes.

As for the drive not showing up in windows, check the bios to make sure it's enabled and all, then check the bios of the raid controller and make sure it's detecting it right and of course, make sure you have the newest drivers. Beyond that, i'll need more info..

-d

Back