• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo KT333 outperform NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onbusy

Registered
I wanted to get a motherboard that supported 8x AGP, so I decided to buy the NF7. To see the difference between the Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite and the NF7, I ran 3dmark 03 before I installed the NF7 and received 2002 3dmark points. Then I switched the motherboards and received 1950 3dmark points :( Anyone know what would cause this?

768MB PC2700
Athlon XP 2100+
GeForce FX 5700LE 256MB

All components except the motherboard remained the same. Any suggestions? Thanks.

DarkDraco

3dmark isnt a set score everytime you run it. you can run it and get 2002 and run it again and get a lower or higher score.

fhanderson

You can get a slight performance boost by running your memory in dual channel. Check your motherboard manual for details.

OP
O

Onbusy

Registered
I am running the memory in dual channel (did it on accident) @ PC2700

I ran 3dmark several times on both setups. 2002 was received several times with the Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite. never got above 1950 with the NF7 :( I thought for sure the 8x agp on the NF7 would give me a boost on the 3dmarks.

Tebore

Did you do a clean format and fresh reinstall. It sounds like a driver problem. Also 3dMark 03 is like 90% video card. You may only get 15 points more at 100% potential. Use 3Dmark01 to get a better idea of how the NF7 performance actually is.

Also you're not upgrading anything. You'll only get a really small boost from Dual channel and 8X agp. 8X agp is a gimmick that doesn't really deliver as much as you think. The NF7 is a great overclocker don't expect it to give a big boost at complete stock compared to your old board, nothing's changed.