• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum & RAID0 Desperately Need Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MajestacaL

Ok here is my problem I cannot get WinXP Pro to run on my RAID0 drives sometimes during install I get a bluescreen and sometimes if im lucky I can make it through install and get to winxp desktop but the machine just donesnt run right it reboots in loops or freezes or goes to a blue screen now if I install windowsxp pro on my other HD thats in the system and just use the RAID0 drives for storage it works great no problems at all but I want to beable to run the OS on the RAID drives and it just wont work :( ok im gonna list my hardware and bios versions and drivers that im using!

Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum w/bios K7VX4_2AA7 Support for AMD XP BARTON core CPU
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 333FSB stock speeds
1024 PC2700 running 333
1 WD 160GIG HD
2 WD 60GIG HD identical drives for RAID setup w/drivers from soyo High Point 372 IDE RAID Drivers for Win 9X/ME/NT/2K/XP v2.341
ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB running 8x AGP
PSU 400W
Sony DRU500A
Liteon CDRW
Liteon DVD
SBLive 5.1

The BIOS on the motherboard has been updated when I got this board version of bios uptop now do I have to update the RAID Bios? not sure if there is one but if so is that causing my problem? Please if anyone knows why I cant get my OS running on my raid drives please help me out SOYO wont return my emails and its frustrating other than that I love this board!
PLEASE GURUS HELP ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE :)!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome to the Forums!

AFAIK, the RAID BIOS is always contained within the motherboards BIOS for motherboards with onboard RAID controllers. So it would normally be updated at the same time as the mainboard. This isn't always the case, sometimes they have mainboard issues that need to be resolved, and the RAID controller BIOS remains the same.

I would go to High Point, and get the latest drivers from their site, rather than Soyo's.

I would run the board at failsafe defaults rather than overclocked (if it is overclocked) until you have this sorted out. I would also relax the memory timings as well, just to be safe.

Ok I did what you said and got the new driver from Highpoint and that seemed to take care of this issue :) I always went off of soyos site and never thought of the actual raid makers website thank you now finally after months I can run my OS on my RAID setup this is great :)!

Back