• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soyo p4s dragon ultra bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warmseth

Registered
has anyone else had a difficult time getting what they plug into the bios to stay. i've got a audigy sound card and so within the bios, ive asked to "disengage" the onboard sound there's a second setting for sound that has options like "onboard/pci" ive chosen pci. still everytime i start the computer it says found new hardware and asks that i install the drivers for the onboard sound. lastly ive got "log on with number lock engaged" on in the bios but every time i turn the thing on, my dell keyboard does not have the num lock activated

Enter the BIOS and restore default settings. Reboot and go into BIOS and change the settings again. I've had a BIOS that this cleared a hung condition on, then F10 and save on exit. If the BIOS setting will not work(it should, but...), go into device manager in the OS and disable the "unknown device." It will have the device in manager, but not attempt to use the device or load drivers. The keyboard issue may be similar in nature, but you might try a different keyboard as well.

Back