• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Space Sniffer Program for Storage Devices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fosk

http://spacesniffer.en.softonic.com/

So i been using space sniffer for years for various reasons now and then to try and locate something or see what happened to my hard drive, but its becoming harder to just delete stuff i want so i really would like to find where all the stuff is that i can delete!

As an example there is a Temp folder, and every time you open a TV Show that is zipped via WinRar or 7zip it stores it in the Temp folder and just sits there forever :( Now i am exploring Space Sniffer more and might have found dozens of old Nvidia drivers and stuff just sitting there to never be used again in the Nvidia folder. What i would like to start in this thread is get everyone's tips and tricks where to find stuff to delete thats totally harmless and easy so can keep my SSD with plenty of room when needed, rather then just blindly deleting stuff and hoping for the best.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I use WinDirStat, which works well.

Dumping both temp folders (c:\windows\temp and %temp%) won't hurt anything, and should cover most bloat.

OP
F

fosk

I use WinDirStat, which works well.

Dumping both temp folders (c:\windows\temp and %temp%) won't hurt anything, and should cover most bloat.

Thanks for the heads up on WinDirStat im going to check it out now! Real quick just to make sure were on right page, the Temp folders in LocalLow / Local / Roaming in Users / Appdata are free game to delete as well?

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I only have a temp folder in Local/LocalLow and haven't had to ever clear LocalLow. %temp% brings you to Local/Temp.