• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spacing between pci-e slots on rog maximus viii formula?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robble

Recently upgraded to a MVIII formula and i7 6700. I plan on sli'ing two gtx1080 cards and putting water blocks on them. Is the distance between the two slots closest to the cpu considered 2 or 3 slots distance for the waterblock bridge i need to get? Common sense says two but i want to make sure before i end up ordering the wrong bridge. Also, any chance of the WB bridge interfering with the newfangled sli bridge used for the gtx1080?

Thanks!

They're 3 slot spacing on the M8F.

If the block doesn't stick past the edge of the PCB where the SLI connector is, there won't be a problem.
Any good block will take this in to account.

They're 3 slot spacing on the M8F.

If the block doesn't stick past the edge of the PCB where the SLI connector is, there won't be a problem.
Any good block will take this in to account.

Thank you! I'm glad i asked. They do look kinda far apart.

Lot of horsepower... you running 4k?

+1 to atm.

Yup! And I play games like Witcher 3 and Crysis.

I also recently decided to upgrade my whole conputer since it had been about 4 years and said screw it, gonna spend the money and build my dream machine. Figured if I'm upgrading on a 4 year cycle I should have something I'll still be happy with in 4 years.

Ordered my 1080s and ek waterblocks. The nvidia HL sli bridge will not work with blocks but the one coming from evga and ek will.
1080s supposed to be here thursday, blocks in a week, and nobody has the HL bridge for sale yet. Can use regular sli cable until they are available.

Still gotta declutter a few wires but it's up and running on water!

9bxb2a.jpg

Attachments

• yIMjXL.jpg
    yIMjXL.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Image isn't showing up, please host it locally to the forum.
(Insert image button at the top of the post box)

Looks nice (totally jealous of all that horsepower too), but I really hope your gonna put hose ties or somethign to secure your water lines on the barbs, it's your system though.

7/16" hose on 1/2" barbs. They are pretty darn tight even without clamps. Would like to change all the barbs to QDC's - though I've spent enough for now.

Back