• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speaker recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

733subvet

Registered
hey to all,

looking for recommendations for a speaker system for my new gaming PC build that will give me the best sound quality for my hard earned $

it is to be used only for my PC and wont be hooked into any other audio or video equipment in my office (besides my ipod) & hooked up to my Fatality Champion soundcard

been considering the Logitech Z5500 or the Logitech G51 systems

any help would be greatly appreciated

THANKS

ratbuddy

hey to all,

looking for recommendations for a speaker system for my new gaming PC build that will give me the best sound quality for my hard earned $

it is to be used only for my PC and wont be hooked into any other audio or video equipment in my office (besides my ipod) & hooked up to my Fatality Champion soundcard

been considering the Logitech Z5500 or the Logitech G51 systems

any help would be greatly appreciated

THANKS

How much room have ya got? Room to place the surrounds behind/to the sides of your seat? Budget?

ratbuddy

room is 9x10 and @ 300 budget wise

So unless you already have a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver, your options are pretty much a pair of speakers with an entry level amp and a decent standalone sub, or an all in one boxed set like you mentioned.

If there's room to place speakers all around you, and it's just for gaming where you'd like to be able to hear when stuff is coming from behind, go ahead with one of those all in one 5.1 setups. I can't suggest any of those, never used one.

If you'd just end up placing all 5 speakers in front of you anyway, you're better off going with a 2.1 setup and I can throw out some decent suggestions for those.

Sir Barton

If you can stretch another $50, look into the Audio Engine 5s. Theyre fantastic, and allow you to connect a subwoofer later on if you like. They really dont need one as they are, but damn do they sound good.

ratbuddy

If you can stretch another $50, look into the Audio Engine 5s. Theyre fantastic, and allow you to connect a subwoofer later on if you like. They really dont need one as they are, but damn do they sound good.

I was actually going to suggest the A2's along with a decent $100 sub from Parts Express if he wants the 2 channel route :beer:

OP
733subvet

733subvet

Registered
i would like to do front & behind - i have @ 2.5-3 feet in front & the rest behind me

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 180

Weeman

I'd grab a reciever (not home theater in a box) and the cheapest speakers you can get your hands on. If there is one thing I've learned, once you get into 'big' audio, you're going to want to upgrade in a couple of months regardless of what you get now.

ratbuddy

733, did ya find speakers yet? If not, there's some good options on sale that'll spank the Logitech stuff.