• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SPEAKER TROUBLE, need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

100mbHD

HI i have a little problem and i need help! i heard that if I wanted to hook up my amplified speakers to the computer, I should get some rca plugs to connect to the amplifier to the computer audio jack, i was told it should go into the line out jack, i have 5 jacks on my sound card and at first, i tried all the line outs and nothing happend, no sound came out of the speakers through the line out jack. so i went on creative's website and updated the drivers, after updating them, i hooked the speakers up and they acctually create some sort of sound when they were plugged back into the line out jack, but they sound really really bad, they sound like they are dying or like static is overcomming it. you can hardly make out the song but somethign is comming through, what should i do? has anyone had thsi same problem?

The sound card is Sound Blaster Live! and it was presinstalled on my Dell PC.

the card has 5 ports and i think there are 2 line outs, one speaekr out, one mic, and one line in.

If i hook it up to the speaekr out, it distorts the sound by creating too much bass. This is where i was told it shound not be hooked up to the Speaker out but to the line out. i have tried that and that is my problem i need you guys to help me out on...

Thanks a lot and sorry for the long post.

OP
100mbHD

100mbHD

i have found out that when i updated the drivers, it set the settings to 6 speakers, i think that was teh default settings, before that i had it on 2 speakers, and when i hook them up to 2 speakers, it mutes once again. so i'm thinking these are rear speakers? does anyoen know anything!

zabomb4163

have you tried the outputs with any other speakers to make sure the problem is the sound output on the computer?

OP
100mbHD

100mbHD

Now i'm probably sure it's a program or a setting on teh ocmputer thats giving me these distorted sounds? anyone know wehre to access this? I do hav Soundblaster live taht was preinstalled on my Dell PC

OP
100mbHD

100mbHD

so no one knows how to do this"? thats pretty funny, all tehpsots i read, "i have my amped speakers to my computer... blah blah blah, but i need this and that.." will someone help me please.

zabomb4163

100mbHD said:
Ive tried them with my computer speakers and they sound just fine. The line out works just perfect with it.

what type of amplifier are you using?

do you have gain enabled?

OP
100mbHD

100mbHD

i have no idea, the amplifer is like 25 years old. it's a yamaha a-1. do u think it might be the amplfiier? i mean i dont want to drop 200 bux on a amplifer, becasue my speaekrs are really good. they are ADS L-710 speakers, i just ocmpletely restored them to brand new condiiton(dont ask, long story)

zabomb4163

have you tried playing other audio sources through the amplifier?

if that doesnt work either, i suggest disconnecting one speaker and see if just 1 speaker will run. (for testing purposes)

OP
100mbHD

100mbHD

yes i have, i have plugged in a turntable, and that works just great. thats all i['m listetnign to right now, i have one song on a vinyl and the other on mp3, i cna totally tell a difference in quality. i have tested both speakers, they both will run.

BTW, if you have aim, i coudl talk to u through thee.