• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speaker troubles: trying to get 360 sound to play through speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

I figured this is a better place to post this then general hardware or games, but if not please tell me.

The problem is I want to play sound through my computer speakers. I got the VGA adapter and have my 360 hooked up to my computer monitor. The two RCA plugs for sound are then plugged into a RCA to I guess 3.5m stereo jack.

My speakers hook up to PC via the standard green 3.5m thing(I suck with cables and what not, sorry). If I had my speakers hooked up to PC then had the 360 rca to stereo jack plugged into the microphone, I could play the mircophone through my speakers, so I got the 360 sound, but it seemed delayed and it was not ideal for wiring.

Is there a way to avoid using my PC at all? I can plug the green speaker 3.5m jack into my mp3 player and it plays, to my guess was if I got a female to female 3.5m that I could plug the green 3.5m into it and the 360 rca to stereo into it.

I have some doubts though if that is how it works. I really don't know.

If it helps, my speakers are connected to subwoofer by serial jack. So the sub goes to serial goes to one of the speakers. then from that speaker a wire with the green 3.5m goes to comp.

I'm sorry if my terms are stupid or wrong. today has been a large learning experience with vga, dvi, component, composite, RCA: basically anything to do with sound, video and/or cables, and i'm still no pro

If you have your 360's RCA out, converted to a stereo (green thing) connector, can you not plug that directly into the speaker system? Either directly or a stereo f-f adapter? you could pick the adapter up at radio shack for a couple bucks if that's what you need, and you'll be fine as long as you don't buy an extended service plan on the way out.

sadly i cant. i can only plug in a head set to hear out of that instead of the speakers. the back of the sub just has the serial plug thing to then connect to other two speakers and the power

i think stereo f-f will work, but i don't know.

Last edited:
The adapter should work, because the issue you have is right now you have to male plugs, and you need to connect them, I'd stop by radioshack and pick one up, worst case scenario is that your out 4 buckls for something that you might end up using in the future anyways.

i was looking at that. ordered some off newegg. thanks for the help

Back